Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37 12.50 R18 Tire questions?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

37 12.50 R18 Tire questions?

We have 35 12.50 R18 Nitto Ridge grapplers on our 15 right now using the stock wheels and a 1/4 inch spacer which works awesome but we want to put 37 12.50 r18 tires on it. Already had a couple different sets bolted up in stock wheels and they clear with no issues. We have a 2 inch leveling kit in front and a 1 inch in the rear. I wanted to put the 37 12.50 R18 Ridge Grapplers on but the price is crazy at $430 per tire. Not sure I can justify that since the tires on the truck only have 575 miles on them. The truck already has 4.10 gears and lockers so no gear ratio worries. Not sure what other tire would hold up with no noise and be good in the snow and OK in the mud. Our AEV has the BFG AT on it but they are D rated.

Looking for suggestions that people have experience with.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 37 12.50 R18 Tire questions?

Let's ask @Custom Offsets?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    We have 35 12.50 R18 Nitto Ridge grapplers on our 15 right now using the stock wheels and a 1/4 inch spacer which works awesome but we want to put 37 12.50 r18 tires on it. Already had a couple different sets bolted up in stock wheels and they clear with no issues. We have a 2 inch leveling kit in front and a 1 inch in the rear. I wanted to put the 37 12.50 R18 Ridge Grapplers on but the price is crazy at $430 per tire. Not sure I can justify that since the tires on the truck only have 575 miles on them. The truck already has 4.10 gears and lockers so no gear ratio worries. Not sure what other tire would hold up with no noise and be good in the snow and OK in the mud. Our AEV has the BFG AT on it but they are D rated.

Looking for suggestions that people have experience with.
    Damn that is a steep price per tire that’s gonna put a dent in your pocket

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That's what I thought. My 35 12.50 r18 have road hazard on them also. Might have to chose another tire due to price. I like the tires and the fact they are e-Rated but WOW...crazy price.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Definitely seems high for the tire. More than I paid for my 44x19.5 boggers I was running on my old mud truck

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That's what I think to. I have called a couple of places but got pretty much the same price. It does look awesome with 37's on it but we already have a truck with 37's on it. We built a 2013 Mega Cab with 38's and the next step was 40's and rear steering but some body wanted it really bad so we sold it. Trying to find a decent tire but may have to sell these to justify it.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The Toyo RT would be the next best thing for $200 cheaper- http://bit.ly/2FopZvz

Nitto really did their research when it comes to the RidgeGrappler, its beeen put through its paces hellaciously, and passed everyone of them with flying colors.

Toyo comes in at a close second for this size.

Check out our 37's here if the Toyo's are a bit too steep yet for ya - http://bit.ly/2sI04fB

Cooper discover STT's would be a stellar idea too!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

11. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    The Toyo RT would be the next best thing for $200 cheaper- http://bit.ly/2FopZvz

Nitto really did their research when it comes to the RidgeGrappler, its beeen put through its paces hellaciously, and passed everyone of them with flying colors.

Toyo comes in at a close second for this size.

Check out our 37's here if the Toyo's are a bit too steep yet for ya - http://bit.ly/2sI04fB

Cooper discover STT's would be a stellar idea too!
    Those are really great tires also can’t go wrong with any of those choices

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The issue is I really need to stick with the 12.50 wide. The 13.50 may create an issue for me. The 37 12.50 R18 fits perfect.

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

alright...I bit the bullet and ordered the 37 12.50 R18 Ridge Grapplers. I will have a set of 35's for sale at a decent price but you must pick them up in central Indiana. Not going to ship them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast