Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: This is the weekend for help folks.

1. Top Of Page | #1

This is the weekend for help folks.

2016 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel.

Today I installed the Fass 150. I pulled the tank because I want to use both lines for the returns. One from the Fass and the one that comes from up front.

I didn't get the front filter delete kit, so It will have to stay until I find which one to buy.

Can I completely pull the rear filter?

Do I run a new line from the Fass to up front on the pump( I can't remember what it is called)?

Where do I grab the return from the front side?

Now I haven't seen any videos installing the Fass in this manner. There is a video from Greg A but he installed the Airdog, but it should be the same.

Here is where I am. I need help where to start from this part.

The exhaust is getting deleted tomorrow and EGR deletes Sunday. I hope to have Ever_thing back together Sunday evening.

I removed the drive shaft to give me more room plus I need to add shims after the lift.

Don't Stress

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: This is the weekend for help folks.

I will try to help you out since I just did an airdog myself. You will have one feed line going from pump to CP3. Did you get a sump (beans diesel) or are you gonna drill out and run a pick up? I did away with the rear filter myself. PM me if you wanna talk on the phone I will walk you through it the best I can.

V/r,
    Earl

4. Thanks RezStyle Cummins thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: This is the weekend for help folks.

Thanks for the reply @SNAKEYES. Since I was going off script the directions where a little confusing to me.

This is what I figured out.

Starting the battery then Secure both the fuse and relay. The end connect goes to the factor plug on the gas tank. The other one goes to the factor plug on the wireharness. Lastly the orange connect plugs into the Fass.

I installed the Beans Sump under the factory pump. I took out the Factory pump and cut both hoses since they will be used for returns. I used the Sump drill bit to open the bottom of the Factory pump housing.

The fuel return from the eng used as factory already has a connect which I will just reconnect it. The outlet is now going to be the return from the Fass.

Here is where I am stuck.

What can I use to reduce from the Fass hose down to the factory inlet/outlet on the tank or the top of the pump housing?

Can I leave the front filter housing until so get a delete kit? It looks like it needs to be there because of the return line, but I am just going to bypass the filter.

Also is the Beans Sump hose connect considered a quick connect like that on the Fass or will I have to add strap?

I haven't attempted to do anything like this in 20 years, so it took my brain this afternoon and then I'm sitting on the side of the bed and a light goes off, so I jump up go to the garage and lay everything out.

If I can figure out what to use, it should only take me 1.5 hours to finish. I think that I am going to make a video of how I did everything because I haven't seen a good one for the Fass using the method.

Don't Stress

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post