Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Wheel spacers

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Wheel spacers

I have a 16 ram 3500. Went to throw on my wheel spacers which are 9/16 studs but it seems I have 14mm studs on my truck which I didn't think existed? I'm at a lose any input would help.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Wheel spacers

From what i have heard is that sometime in 2012 or 2013 they decided to change it... No idea why though. This has gotten many people so don't feel bad at all bud! See if you can send them back and get the correct ones.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    From what i have heard is that sometime in 2012 or 2013 they decided to change it... No idea why though. This has gotten many people so don't feel bad at all bud! See if you can send them back and get the correct ones.
    Avoid spacers. They make the truck look cool, but they change the dynamics of the truck drastically. You'd bee better looking at deep wheels.

As an engineer, I don't quite see the difference, but I've been doing this for a long time. it's not my field. I've also heard of them breaking when rough housing. Talk to @CustomOffsets

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Avoid spacers. They make the truck look cool, but they change the dynamics of the truck drastically. You'd bee better looking at deep wheels.

As an engineer, I don't quite see the difference, but I've been doing this for a long time. it's not my field. I've also heard of them breaking when rough housing. Talk to @CustomOffsets

Now I know I'm gonna regret this ............ but I agree with this oldman ... @Polaraco

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Yamaha242LS, Polaraco, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would love to run spacers on mine. I like the look of mine with the factory wheels just wish they stuck out just a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Unclerob97 View Post
    I have a 16 ram 3500. Went to throw on my wheel spacers which are 9/16 studs but it seems I have 14mm studs on my truck which I didn't think existed? I'm at a lose any input would help.
    I swapped my metric studs to standard in my 12

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I agree on this one. Get some deep wheels with -offset. Much safer and waaay better.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Appreciate it Polaraco,

We have guys that have ran spacers for 4+ years and daily drive it year round 50 miles round trip to work, hauling trailers, trailing them, offroading. etc etc. No problems! proper installation is the big thing. We got a handful of guys with CCLBD's running spacers, hauling as much weight as if they were stock, no problems!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post