Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  62
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2014 DRW 68RFE - New Raceme Ultra - Full Delete - MPG baaaad!!!

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 DRW 68RFE - New Raceme Ultra - Full Delete - MPG baaaad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    Excellent info. I'll get with Ray before doing anything. What's his email without hunting it down?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Redacted for being the wrong email address.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

Excellent info. I'll get with Ray before doing anything. What's his email without hunting it down?

info@doublerdiesel.com 👍

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

I never dealt with raceme box tunes but with Warp I can tell you it's worth the money!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

I just cleaned mine with brake cleaner

8. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Awesome post with some really good information. Although i'm getting fantastic fuel mileage stock right now with no trailer ( i average 17-19 depending on highway miles/street driving) i towed 16hrs round trip towing the same weight as a 3rd gen 5.9 that was tuned/deleted and he averaged 11.2 mpg and i averaged 11.9 with both of our cruise controls set at 80 going from Pittsburgh,pa To silverlake,Mi. This truck really suprises me with almost 100k on it. Mine isn't deleted yet and probably has a ton of soot buildup. It does have a brand new scr cat and injectors so maybe that helps but after reading this thread im taking my map sensor off and replacing or cleaning it depending on how bad it is! I just did fuel filters, oil change, air filter, and this is definitely the next step, then tuning/delete!

- 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l (Sold)
    - 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 75k miles (R.I.P gone but not forgotten)
    - 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman 95k miles work truck about to be deleted for the first time
    https://www.instagram.com/mikemackyo/

9. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Just some further info.....I regeared to 4.10 with 35/12.50r20 Toyo MT with a front locker and with the 150 tune I get about 16-17 mpg average. I can get better than that if I use the 200hp tune up but until I finish testing the co-pilot and valve body I will not run it. Not to mention I do not think it will hold rail pressure anyway at that HP level. Mine is a 2015 CC/SB SRW but my bone stock 2017 with 35/12.50R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers gets close to the same mileage. Haven't really pulled the trailer much but I can tell you the truck accelerates from a stop much better with the 4.10 gears and the transmission likes it.

10. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Hey Cubano I wanted to share something with you guys about my truck's fuel economy.

It might be what's wrong with your truck.

Recently my truck developed a grinding noise on the front of the engine and after some research it appeared that the fan hub bearing was failing.

I ordered a new bearing from @Geno's Garage and did the repair yesterday, well this morning after I fueled the truck I thought about resetting the fuel economy, something I never do btw, and went on my business.

After driving around, mostly highway driving, I checked my lie o' meter and I couldn't believe that I was getting 22mph!

I drove a total of 165 miles, maybe 20 were city.

The best I ever got before was 16mph.

If I was you I would check the fan hub bearing of your truck, it could be the culprit of your bad mileage.

When I took the bearing out it was very rough and 5 of the 6 bolts were sheared of the pulley, I was very lucky, could have been 100 times worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

dont know why i never saw your post. I hvae a squeal on cold start coming from motor bay but was assumming was from water pump that needs replacing (factory recall) Ill check this out --

Further heads up guys after a few months.

Had TC stop locking up, and continued tranny issues. Been running stock size tires since September of last year. they are shot after 20K miles, 10ply E rated HT tread.

been keeping up with hand calc fuel economy. 13.5 avg mpg empty, 10-11 mpg towing the 7000lb trailer. thats it. thats all she does. Made a trip to Houston from Memphis unloaded to grab my camper, got 14.2 there @ 75mph, and just under 10 with the camper @ 70..

please take a look at my tranny posts. been saving all winter, but dropped 3000$ in the tranny and still having issues.... someone want to swap trucks with me for a while.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678