Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Truck wasn't happy this morning.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Truck wasn't happy this morning.

Went out to start my 15 3500 today even being plugged in it took about 30 seconds of cranking to start. And gave me the low voltage code. Guess the fuel and batteries didn't like -15 before wind and -35 with wind sitting for 1.5 days. Never had to give it peddle when the push button start was trying before.

2. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Truck wasn't happy this morning.

I would have dealer check to see if fuel heater is activated. -15 is pretty dang cold for sure

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks Jthardee thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

well turns out it was plugged in but no power. snow blew into the receptacle and tripped the gfi circuit. it was even in an enclosure.

6. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ya got that truck living in Polar Bear weather.
    Anything .. even Hell will freeze up at that temp.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes Noneck, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

-22 this morning in good old iowa. I'm not plugged in. Maybe I should video the start. LOL suppose to be in the +40s for highs midweek.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yea the wind chill gets us here in South Dakota. But that should be a fun start. I'm thinking I need to add battery blankets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure you guys know but the wind shill thing is only for us, it doesn't affect vehicles and equipment at all.

14. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    I'm pretty sure you guys know but the wind shill thing is only for us, it doesn't affect vehicles and equipment at all.
    -22 F was the ambient temp. Coldest it's been here in years. Lucky for us wind is less than 10 mph this morning and windchill is only -35. Although my truck only recorded the temp as -13, after it was started and running for a bit it dropped to -19. I will try not to forget to plug it in from now on LOL. This sounded nasty. Here's a video.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    I will admit that I didn't realize that. I know it bows extra snow in the bay though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Both my 06 and 15 have never been plugged in neither have plugs and both have started with air temp down as low as -26. Up here in Maine

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

20. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post