Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: First time truck owner + New RaceMe with Double R Diesel

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First time truck owner + New RaceMe with Double R Diesel

First time truck owner. Coming from a world of sports cars i knew this diesel would need to be woken up! Had the truck 3 months now, already been lifted, wheels, tires, etc.. Only the Delete was left to be done. I searched around, talked to my local shop, read a bunch of forums/threads and decided to contact @Double R Diesel about his custom packages.

Ended up with his custom MM3 raceme + Flo Pro 5 inch turbo back exhaust with NO muffler. Initially i had the full system which you can see in the video, but quickly removed the last piece of pipe and dumped it over the rear axle. That Flo pro big ugly pipe sticking out was just too ugly...

14101909_10104830623284250_411485948_n.jpg

Big ups to Double R Diesel. After my install I was driving and went to change into a different tune. Codes flashing like crazy, lights going off, speedometer showed 0 while driving. I was very confused and frankly pissed off as to why this was happening. Long story short, Called over to Ray from DoubleR, while pulled off to the side of the road, trial and error... the shop didn't connect my OTF cable... Got the truck home, did the OTF cable install myself and i was rocking.

This truck is really a toy, all city driving, maybe 7000 miles a year on it. Previous to the delete and tune i was getting around 10MPG (all city) Currently a week after install i'm getting around 13.5-14MPG (all city) I'm running the 150HP tune daily.

All in All, very happy with the tuner and the truck. Only question/concern i have is running 150HP tune daily.. Can i put my foot into it at all? Can i not? What's a good daily tune i could put my foot into and not have to worry about studs / trans / etc...

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano, TX NIGHT TRAIN, DRD thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: First time truck owner + New RaceMe with Double R Diesel

Nice. I'd be careful about putting my foot in it at all - tranny is going to be your weak point. But hey, 7000 a year? Roll smoke!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Is that the hiss tune in that video??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Video is the Loud Turbo tune at +120HP

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak209 View Post