Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Train Horns???

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Train Horns???

I am looking for some advice on train horns. I don't know why people can't see my big truck coming straight at them so I need a little persuasion. Plus, it's just plain fun. I have seen the Hornblasters conductors special. Has anyone used these or had any luck with other brands? Thanks in advance.

Rob

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Train Horns???

Haven't heard anyone using these in years. But I would check your area for noise laws. I lived in an area that had a noise limit and anyone with these loud train horns were ticketed. At the time kids used them a lot and people got upset enough to go to the county to enact the law.

PS: why not bright driving lights ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

H net personally used them but they have great reviews. Me personally I'm lookin into the horns from bigasshitches. They have a cast set now that sounds amazing and seems to be a quality kit. They are spendy though.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Rob H check out all we have to offer on Train Horns.

http://dalessuperstore.com/search.ht...in+horns&go=Go

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Haven't heard anyone using these in years. But I would check your area for noise laws. I lived in an area that had a noise limit and anyone with these loud train horns were ticketed. At the time kids used them a lot and people got upset enough to go to the county to enact the law.

PS: why not bright driving lights ?

I should be okay with the noise ordinances. Heck, we have at least 15 trains a day go through my small town. As far as lights, I have Rigids in my bumpers and they still don't get the attention, especially during the day.

2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Limited, 6.5" BDS Lift, 22" American Force Wheels on 37s, Fusion bumpers front and rear, custom painted grille and tailgate (had to remove the gigantic "RAM"), RaceMe Ultra tuner, 5" TBE, AirRaid Intake, Amp Research Powerboards, and probably a few other things I have wasted money on.

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation cumminsturbofreak's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    I should be okay with the noise ordinances. Heck, we have at least 15 trains a day go through my small town.
    FYI, using a train horn in an area with many trains is not a good idea. Many cops will give out tickets for it, but in reality, it all depends on:

1. The police officer
    2. The mood he or she is in
    3. Where you are
    4. How big of a distraction you end up causing

You will have to think about those 4 points each time before you push the little button.

Otherwise, good luck with bad (blind) drivers!

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Here is a Youtube video doing a test on various train horns. It's a little long, but very informative when trying to make a selection.

I am also looking into putting a train horn on my truck. I am leaning towards the Horn Blasters Shocker XL right now watch the video and you will see why. I don't want to make it my primary horn, but if someone is drifting or texting haha... WAKE UP!!! Not to mention when towing and it looks like someone will pull out. I am 30 now, my intentions aren't the same as when I was younger. I hope this helps there are a lot of great horns out there just do some research. Shopping day isn't necessarily buying day you know what I mean. I have also heard some bad things about Trainhorns.net not honoring their 1 year warranty. I would order directly from the source or a reputable company like DalesSuperstore.com. The person earlier gave you a bad link here is a good one. http://dalessuperstore.com/c-972857-...orns-kits.html I hope this kinda helps.

P.S. Killer Truck! I really like the new grille

9. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post