Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting truck soon...RaceMe tuner AFE 5" TBE

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Deleting truck soon...RaceMe tuner AFE 5" TBE

Hey everyone...new member here. I've finally pulled the trigger on buying a tuner and TBE to do the deletes on my truck plus a couple other goodies. I'll list everything below with the details of my truck, but I would just like any advice, tips, or pointers from anyone who has the RaceMe and has already done this; particularly those with the same model as I do.

So my plan is to do tuner and exhaust next weekend. Make sure the truck accepts the tune with no CELs (I think I updated the SD card for the RaceMe properly following a post where Double R Diesel dumbed it down for us computer illiterate folks ), put on the new exhaust, just unplug EGR stuff for now, then run it around town and maybe a short stint on the highway to make sure everything is good. If everything goes smoothly, I'll do the whole EGR kit later in the day and connect the pyrometer.

Then another weekend when I have a full day to dedicate to it, I plan on doing the grid heater work (delete, new plenum, and TV GH relocation).

RaceMe Ultra tuner w/pyrometer
    AFE Atlas 5" TBE SS w/black tip
    Thunder Diesel EGR/Cooler kit
    GDP S2 intake
    GDP Throttle Valve Grid Heater
    GDP AirBoss Plenum

2016 6.7 CTD 3500 CCSB SRW
    current mods: some lights, SPOD, and big fuel line kit

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Chris_24V, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Chris_24V liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting truck soon...RaceMe tuner AFE 5" TBE

Welcome! Sounds like a good plan.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I live outside of Chicago( I know ) But my point is I just deleted my grid heater and did not attempt to relocate it. Ray felt with the block heater this should be enough, even in this climate. ( Plus with Global warming...)

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

6. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Steinbrenner liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@dieseljeeper welcome friend.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    I live outside of Chicago( I know ) But my point is I just deleted my grid heater and did not attempt to relocate it. Ray felt with the block heater this should be enough, even in this climate. ( Plus with Global warming...)
    I use to live across the lake from you (SW MI). I live a few hours further north now so a complete GH delete scares me. Especially, since I can't plug my truck in while at work. Plus I already ordered all the parts haha!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

keep us posted!

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Dale's Super Store's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hi ya @dieseljeeper. Glad you could join us friend.

Also since you're a new member we got something for you. Go to our website http://www.dalessuperstore and enter promo code DSSIGOTA15 (good for $15 off any purchase)

14. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!!

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

18. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

So my buddy who was suppose to help me today never showed so I ended up doing everything solo (such a PITA). I got as far as getting the new down pipe on when I finally called it quits. I'm hoping to wrap up installing the exhaust tomorrow. Also found that AFE didn't put a female flange on one of the pieces that needs it . I was in touch with James at RSD today though and we are going to try to get it straightened out with them on Monday (awesome customer service replying to me on the weekend - their voicemail even said they were on vacation this week!!)

Everywhere I have read has said the only way to get a 5" down pipe in was to drop the tranny cross member. I found that if you just loosened the bolts from the tranny to the cross member and place a jack under the t-case to raise it about 1" you can fanaggle the down pipe in just fine. I'm thinking about doing a full write up but I know they've been done before. Any thoughts on this guys?

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast