Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trx4 vs lifted

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

trx4 vs lifted

alright, i got a buddy that is getting into his first cummins and Im helping weed through trucks and find exactly what he wants. well, one of the things he wants is the trx4 package. well, i dont know squat about suspention to be honest and wanted to know what the trx4 offered. and would like to know if he bought a SLT and lifted it would if be the same as a TRX4 or say he bought a TRX4 and lifted it would it take away from the TRX4 package?

does a TRX4 have diff locks on it or any other things i should know?

would like to help him get a TRX4 but its slim pickings, let alone trying to find a solid 5.9 itself, i got lucky on mine due to dieselsellerz.com

Thanks for any help boys! (and girls)

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

My honest opinion, find a solid truck first, amd modify suspension later. I didn't notice any significant differences on the TRX I looked at.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Good friend of mine has an '05 trx4 edition Cummins. It's a 3500, srw, manual, damn nice truck but near as I can tell the only difference are some added skid plates that tend to vibrate and rattle. If it came with some sort of special suspension package it's not obvious when looking at it or riding down the road.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

excellent, Ive only found one TRX4, so not looking like he will get one.
    and as far as finding one thats fairly stock i think would be ideal to build it himself.

on a side note, @Purn1973 hows your buddy like them generals? trying to decide weather to get those, or go back to Trail grapplers after my terra grapplers wear out

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stryker04cummins View Post
    excellent, Ive only found one TRX4, so not looking like he will get one.
    and as far as finding one thats fairly stock i think would be ideal to build it himself.

on a side note, @Purn1973 hows your buddy like them generals? trying to decide weather to get those, or go back to Trail grapplers after my terra grapplers wear out

LOL, he hated those tires. I actually bought them off of him early last year and ran them at the drag strip.

Personally I liked them other than the fact that they seemed to wear very quickly. They are a very soft compound tire that hook up great on the track, sometimes a little too good.

I know his main complaint was that they were too noisy for just being a general purpose tire.

7. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

looks like they hooked up pretty well... LOL. might just go with the trail grapplers again then. had good luck with nitto.

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I run nitto and will only run them anymore. Terra for the track, Trail for DD. my only complaint so far on the trail grapplers is that these 35x12.5s fill my door handles with mud headed back and forth to work LOL

10. Likes stryker04cummins, DieselChick liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I run nitto and will only run them anymore. Terra for the track, Trail for DD. my only complaint so far on the trail grapplers is that these 35x12.5s fill my door handles with mud headed back and forth to work LOL
    LOL! Sounds like you're playing on the way to work...jus saying.

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DieselChick View Post
    LOL! Sounds like you're playing on the way to work...jus saying.
    LOL you could say that. Rig roads aren't exactly that great. I go mudding just to get from point a to point b lately

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good time to me. Back when I used to build homes my then boyfriend and I would take have to take back roads to get to jobs sites after work was always play time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast