Re: Preparing for more HP

A 6.7 will spool a 71mm decent on stock fuel

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    A 6.7 will spool a 71mm decent on stock fuel
    Yes it is possible to spool a larger charger like that; but you push your factory fuel system to its limits and actually shorten the life span of those factory fuel components. The efficiency of the turbo charger is also drastically reduced on a stock fuel setup along with a possibility of running lean which can lead to major engine problems. The other benefit of a lift pump such as a FASS system is the increased efficiency of the rest of your fuel system along with the increased reliability and life of it by filtering out air from your fuel maximizing the lubricant to you injector nozzles and injection pump, you also have a much cleaner fuel and a lower fuel temp which increases efficiency and just a tad bit more power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Redd, Yamahamod liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I personally wouldn’t run a 71 on stock fuel since it would be relatively slow spooling and Smokey. There are a million different ways to get to a power goal each with some sacrifices one way or the other. You could likely reach 650 with a 64mm but it would be HOT. 67 would be the best all around or better yet find a bit smaller size model since they are designed to flow the same amount of air as a larger charger.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Redd thanked for this post
    Likes Yamahamod, Redd, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Post Re: Preparing for more HP

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I'm at 10,000 miles should I go ahead and change head bolts as well as transmission work now? Plus I would like recommendations on each please thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2018 2500 here with 11,000 miles.

I was tuned and fully deleted at 600 miles, but quickly wanted more. Just finished installing my Stainless Diesel 2nd gen swap with a S465/83/1.0 turbo and Stainless Diesel's manifold.

I'm completely stock fuel now which is why I went with the 465 over say the 467.7 and also since I have a 8000lb travel trailer we tow a couple of times per month. Drive-ability of the new turbo is fantastic and makes power all throughout the power band!
    I also have ARP 625s which I installed preventatively. In my genius, I left the injector nuts finger tight and they vibrated loose a week later creating a "surging/shuddering" feel while driving which led me to believe my transmission was on its way out....

Enter installing a Revmax 700 only to find out it was 12 loose injector nuts.

At that point, I figured why not go ahead and throw some more power at the truck with the 2nd gen swap since the trans can definitely take it! Should be in the 550-600whp range from what I've seen other guys with similar setups make. With some slightly larger injectors I think the 465 maxes out around 650whp, but a good set of injectors is another $4-$5k so those will definitely be waiting a while.

All but the Revmax were installed by me (which as you can see can be a good/bad thing) HaHa

Any questions you might have, I've probably been there

Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4
    Coffman Customs built RevMax 700 68RFE, Stainless Diesel 464/83/1.0 with 2nd Gen Manifold
    Banks 4" Monster Ram and Grid Heater Delete, 5" Flo Pro with Twister resonator, ARP 625s, MM3 by DRD, Thuren Overlanding shocks, Thuren 2.75" front coils, Thuren rear coils, Thuren front and rear track bars, RC dual steering stabilizer and steering box brace, 305/70/18 Mastercraft MXTs on 18x9 +18 Vision, Fab Fours front bumper

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12