Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: P02E9 code:

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P02E9 code:

I had to return my 13 2500 to back to stock for mandatory recall for emissions. Now I have check engine light with p02e9: diesel intake airflow position sensor circuit high.
    Anyone have any advice on fixing this? Wanted to hopefully fix this before I go to the dealer and they insist on fixing and try and bill me for fixing this problem. Thanks!

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P02E9 code:

Quote Originally Posted by DD10 View Post
    I had to return my 13 2500 to back to stock for mandatory recall for emissions. Now I have check engine light with p02e9: diesel intake airflow position sensor circuit high.
    Anyone have any advice on fixing this? Wanted to hopefully fix this before I go to the dealer and they insist on fixing and try and bill me for fixing this problem. Thanks!
    Did you have this sensor unplugged at any time? I would try cleaning the connectors first. Then try to clear the DTC and see if it comes back.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Did you have this sensor unplugged at any time? I would try cleaning the connectors first. Then try to clear the DTC and see if it comes back.
    Sensor would’ve only been unplugged if it was supposed to be when I deleted. Still looking into exact location. I’ve tried unplugging most of all sensors examining for damage/cleaning then clear code but instantly comes back.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DD10 View Post
    Sensor would’ve only been unplugged if it was supposed to be when I deleted. Still looking into exact location. I’ve tried unplugging most of all sensors examining for damage/cleaning then clear code but instantly comes back.
    Nutz! I hate electrical problems. @Dwelsh, have any ideas?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Nutz! I hate electrical problems. @Dwelsh, have any ideas?
    Possibly something to do with the throttle valve. Which would have definately been unplugged. Being that the code pops upon startup it sounds to me like something is unplugged or the sensor is shorted internally. And throwing the code when the pcm does its self check. I would check the connectors that were unplugged and make sure a wire didnt rub against something. Esp the throttle valve pigtail. Since if I'm not mistaken its awfully close to rubbing the belt unless its put out of the way. I'll do some more research see if I cant find what its referring to. but it's a start LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you aren't real familiar with the way it's supposed to look. The throttle valve plug can be easy to miss since when you unplug it the pigtail is pretty long and get lost in the engine bay unless its zip tied up. Atleast that's how my 07.5 pickup was if my memory serves me right.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

9. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

Did you every get this figured out? I assume it was an issue with the throttle valve