Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: Pulling the trigger on a delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Pulling the trigger on a delete

I have a 2016 6.7 Cummins I am getting ready to delete. I was looking for a video to walk me through the deleting process. I’m planning on running an mm3 tuner with double r diesel tunes. Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pulling the trigger on a delete

Just deleted my 2016 this past weekend. Pretty straight forward. Egr instructions were kinda vague but easy to figure out if you have basic mechanic skills and there are a lot of videos floating around out there. I am running the mm3 from double r Diesel and I couldn’t be happier! I did the delete myself in the garage. Too easy

3. Thanks Jpd0244 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollarbrandon View Post
    Just deleted my 2016 this past weekend. Pretty straight forward. Egr instructions were kinda vague but easy to figure out if you have basic mechanic skills and there are a lot of videos floating around out there. I am running the mm3 from double r Diesel and I couldn’t be happier! I did the delete myself in the garage. Too easy
    Congrats on getting deleted and welcome to the club

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    There is a TON of videos on YouTube. Is really not all that difficult. The egr delete depending on who’s kit you use has some vague instructions but really isn’t difficult. The def system is more of a pain than difficult. All of which is relatively easy just time consuming. I know Ray has some good videos as far as the mm3 goes. Just watch videos before you hit it and you’ll be fine. Read threads and pickup tips and tricks there.
    That you very much for your help. When you did the delete did you leave the DPF tank in place or did you remove it? And I found a couple good videos finally seems pretty straightforward

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsTradesmen View Post
    That you very much for your help. When you did the delete did you leave the DPF tank in place or did you remove it? And I found a couple good videos finally seems pretty straightforward

Left it in place, but flush out with water.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Likes watersupply189, Jpd0244 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    I assume you meant def tank. I left mine in place. I have heard that if you remove it, the def filler neck becomes an issue with deciding to find a 2012 filler nozzle or just leave it open. I have plans at some point to either throw in a titan tank or horns. Neither of which are a NEED so it sits there. I have used a siphon to empty what I could but it will crystallize if you don’t empty it. Unless you want the cleaner install, I’d empty it and leave it there. I’m in the frozen north and I can only imagine snow boogers would collect there and the salt block would just find more places to attack my truck.
    Yes def tank. Sorry for the typo and I will leave my in place then.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Jpd0244, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsTradesmen View Post
    I have a 2016 6.7 Cummins I am getting ready to delete. I was looking for a video to walk me through the deleting process. I’m planning on running an mm3 tuner with double r diesel tunes. Thanks for all your help!

Howdy! Just finished mine and went with the DRD MM3 tuner as well. Great tuner and the best customer service you'll find anywhere! The exhaust is pretty straight forward. I followed one person's advice and started in the middle. Huge mistake. If I had to do it again I'd start with the tailpipe and work forward. Heckuva time installing 5" down pipe!! The EGR is not too bad, just lots of stuff to come out and a few nuts/bolts are hard to get to. Be sure to thoroughly tape up all the empty plugs and wire tire them. Ray at DRD also sells plugs to cap them off if you prefer. Here is a video I watched for a little guidance...it helped me quite a bit. Hope it helps you too.

Not sure if links are allowed, so go to youtube and search for "Dodge Cummins 6.7L EGR Delete Full Install 2010-2017". Uploaded by Truck Master

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post