Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fass 150

1. Top Of Page | #1

Fass 150

I know that Fass is a better product, but I don't want to be able to see white filters hanging on a 60,000 truck.

Will the Fass bracket extend past the rear suspension and fit just inside that cubby?

I'm Deleting the DEF so those hoses will be out of my way.

Don't Stress

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fass 150

It doesn't matter which unit you use, they have white filters. How you mount then is going to dictate how you see them.

Example. I have a 03 RWD. I have my FASS 95 mounted on top of the trans cross member. It just fits. The filters still hang down below the member about an inch. But you can't see them. You'd have to lay down to see it.

Going to the FASS is an excellent choice. You may have to be creative with your mounting to conceal it. Just remember, you have to change them, so make sure you leave then easily accessible.

BTW, next time tell us the year of the truck. Our tech guys don't like to have our eyes wandering the page to get the needed info

We ask you use one of our supporting sponsors.

Thanks

The Old man.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Agreed with Mr. Steve. You will have to get creative to conceal it. You can always paint the filters, wrap the filters or just leave them be. I have thought about painting or wrapping mine when i get mine installed just for a different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It doesn't matter which unit you use, they have white filters. How you mount then is going to dictate how you see them.

Example. I have a 03 RWD. I have my FASS 95 mounted on top of the trans cross member. It just fits. The filters still hang down below the member about an inch. But you can't see them. You'd have to lay down to see it.

Going to the FASS is an excellent choice. You may have to be creative with your mounting to conceal it. Just remember, you have to change them, so make sure you leave then easily accessible.

BTW, next time tell us the year of the truck. Our tech guys don't like to have our eyes wandering the page to get the needed info

Thanks

The Old man.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes Snow Dodge, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Agreed with Mr. Steve. You will have to get creative to conceal it. You can always paint the filters, wrap the filters or just leave them be. I have thought about painting or wrapping mine when i get mine installed just for a different look.
    I won't paint mine. I put the install date on them with a sharpie. I used to put the mileage on them, but I only do about 15K a year now. Change them every year

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes Snow Dodge, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Definitely a smart idea. I used to have a label maker that i used on mine.

I won't paint mine. I put the install date on them with a sharpie. I used to put the mileage on them, but I only do about 15K a year now. Change them every year

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes Snow Dodge, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Thanks

The Old man.
    I'm learning how to use Tapatalk and forums in general. I'm going to add my truck in the Signature just in case I forget to out it at the beginning.

2016 Ram 3500 mega cab. I've looked under there and there is a few places that I can install it. I think that if I can get it more in the center the rear traction arms might hide it better then installing it on the 1st bed bolt.

When I have a question with let's say Fass, I need to post a question under there Sponsor thread?

Don't Stress

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I don't think you need to ask questions in a sponsor thread. What he meant by sponsors is buying products and doing business with the people and businesses that sponsor our forum. With out them.... this AWESOME community wouldn't exist. . Good luck with the FASS.... I've been looking into one for my truck as well. (And also a million other things I'd love to order). LOL.

2012 deleted, lifted, tuned by Ray at DRD.

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

13. Likes Snow Dodge, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezStyle Cummins View Post
    I'm learning how to use Tapatalk and forums in general. I'm going to add my truck in the Signature just in case I forget to out it at the beginning.

2016 Ram 3500 mega cab. I've looked under there and there is a few places that I can install it. I think that if I can get it more in the center the rear traction arms might hide it better then installing it on the 1st bed bolt.

When I have a question with let's say Fass, I need to post a question under there Sponsor thread?

Don't Stress
    If I am not mistaking if you get the right setup it mounts underneath the bed using existing original factory mounts and no way in hell you'll be able to see the filters unless you crawl up under the truck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RezStyle Cummins View Post

Don't Stress
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMAYHEM View Post
    I don't think you need to ask questions in a sponsor thread. What he meant by sponsors is buying products and doing business with the people and businesses that sponsor our forum. With out them.... this AWESOME community wouldn't exist. . Good luck with the FASS.... I've been looking into one for my truck as well. (And also a million other things I'd love to order). LOL.

2012 deleted, lifted, tuned by Ray at DRD.
    Right. We're just asking you to use a vendor of your choice from our sponsors. You're good here and in the right place. Otherwise the 'ol man would drop the hammer on ya. LOL We're equal opportunity abusers here.

Chances are, you'll hear from one of them anyway. They're all good outfits

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    If I am not mistaking if you get the right setup it mounts underneath the bed using existing original factory mounts and no way in hell you'll be able to see the filters unless you crawl up under the truck
    Sometimes you need to be creative. If I recall, the Fass kit mounts on the frame rail. I have running boards, so it would never be scene. I put mine inside the frame rail on the trans cross member, The secondary filter hands down below the member by an ince. To protect the filter from road hazards, I welded a wedge shield in front of it. You never know.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast