Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock clutch on 37s

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Stock clutch on 37s

[QUOTE=Dwelsh;139031][QUOTE=Manson0187;139029]
    Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post

I don't tow heavy at all I bought a diesel for the longevity. I actually hate having a 3/4 ton sometimes because everyone who needs anything towed calls me even though there half ton is perfectly capable of towing of whatever they need moved. I have yet to pull the trigger on a lift I'm pretty set on a 6 inch bds and 37s but I'm about $1500 short right now if I get a clutch as well. I'd hate to lift the truck then junk the stock clutch and have to park it for a few weeks or months to

I think 37s look sick. I would use this mindset if it was me. If your not deleted yet and since you dont tow alot. Ide go for what you want. Keep on setting aside money for a clutch in case it does go. I would think it would be fine at stock power not towing alot for a good bit. Then when you decide to delete and all just do a clutch then. Just do it in stages ya know? Or if in your research you decide its going to be too much aint no one going to sneez at a truck with 4.5 inch lift and 35s. With the right wheel setup 35s can look bigger or smaller than what they really are. Just my opinion????
    My 2015 Ram 2500 was lifted 4 inches with 35s. I deleted it at 20k miles had 5 inch afe turbo back exhaust, efi live with ppei tunes, black performance egr block off plates and arp studs. 5th and 6th gear started going out on my 68RFE truck and I didn't feel that putting $7500 into a mild built trans was worth it to me on a almost 4 year old truck. So I bought a new 2018 for the G56

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Manson0187;139038][QUOTE=Dwelsh;139031]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manson0187 View Post

My 2015 Ram 2500 was lifted 4 inches with 35s. I deleted it at 20k miles had 5 inch afe turbo back exhaust, efi live with ppei tunes, black performance egr block off plates and arp studs. 5th and 6th gear started going out on my 68RFE truck and I didn't feel that putting $7500 into a mild built trans was worth it to me on a almost 4 year old truck. So I bought a new 2018 for the G56
    Dang man. There ya go. I get why you wanna do 6 inch and 37s. Ide go for it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    I'm almost to 150,000 miles and still on the stock clutch. It's all in your right foot.
    You have 37s on the factory clutch with no issues? I've had the truck since Jan 2nd and only have 1800 miles on it. I don't daily it because the assholes at work will door ding it like crazy. I have a cheap work car that takes all the abuse.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manson0187 View Post
    You have 37s on the factory clutch with no issues? I've had the truck since Jan 2nd and only have 1800 miles on it. I don't daily it because the assholes at work will door ding it like crazy. I have a cheap work car that takes all the abuse.
    No my dually is on stock tires. But I daily drive it. When I'm not making my 124 mile round trip to and from work in towing something with it. Or running hay bales out to the horses.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Not doubting anyone here but can tell you my friend has same setup as your talking about and mine has 35s with G56. His is much nicer taking off from a stop then mine. He has over 85k + no issues other then recalls then I say nicer then mine I mean 1st feels too low and 2nd a bit too high. His is in the sweet spot hope this helps

6. Top Of Page | #16

my 5500 has 4.10s and even with me having a service bed and heavy trailers constantly, I actually went to 35s just because 1st gear was too low, and at 70+mph the motor was screamin. what gears do you have now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12