Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TPMS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

TPMS

Hi guys:

I got a set of Laramie wheels and tires without TPMS sensors and now have TPMS the light on the dash. If I were to put the stock wheels and tires that have sensors in the bed would the light go off? Was thinking of doing this momentarily until I buy the sensors, which will be soon.

Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: TPMS

I have a question for y'all. Has anyone run into a problem with running aftermarket tires that do not call for the programmed 80psi? If so were you able to have your parameter in the truck changed by the dealership? I have a 2014 that I am having this issue with in the rear tires and would like to have this resolved so I don't have to look at the light anymore.

3. Likes marvincameron liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins441 View Post
    Hi guys:

I got a set of Laramie wheels and tires without TPMS sensors and now have TPMS the light on the dash. If I were to put the stock wheels and tires that have sensors in the bed would the light go off? Was thinking of doing this momentarily until I buy the sensors, which will be soon.

Thanks.

I'm was with the understanding that the tires need to rotate a few miles for the pressure to be transmitted to the receiver and shutting off the warning. If the warning light doesn't bother you, why worry and just get the TPMS installed in the wheel when you can. Last I read, all it does is warn you, nothing that will effect the truck performance.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
    Likes Reaper59 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins441 View Post
    Hi guys:

Thanks.
    I have found this just after I posted my reply take a look, this will help!

Originally Posted by Indytruckchampion
    Ok guys.... I've done this on several trucks now and have confirmed it will work on any 2014+ and on any model (I have not tried it on C&C yet). You will have to have this done at a dealer. Print this and take it in and they should be able to change your settings and turn off the light. It takes about 10 minutes.

Step 1: Go into the BCM (body control module). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Go to "update pressure thresholds". Set pressure to desired settings. Do not try to do different pressures front and back! Even if you run 10 psi difference front to back you won't get a light. If you plan to run 10 psi difference I suggest your "setting" be in the middle of the high and low just to give you a little cushion.

Step 2: Go into the RFH (radio frequency hub). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Perform "RFH replace" and follow prompts. You will need the PIN number for the truck. That can be obtained through Dealer Connect with the vin number to the truck. When following the prompts - when asked for desired pressure setting - set new pressure levels. You do not need to replace anything - just perform the function to set new levels.

I have not had to drive the truck - once the RFH replace function is done the light goes out and the truck is reading new pressures.

Done!!

Also, I have had issues with the upgraded alloy wheels and the TPMS sensors. Specifically, the valve stem is a new shape that does not fit the universal TPMS valve stem . All you need to do is carefully file down the corners to shape the brass fitting so it will fit in the sensor. Once it's screwed into place everything is secure and there are no issues. The universal valve stems are about a buck a piece. Dealer cost on the new "updated" valve stem is about 25 bucks :shock: (yeah - I'm out! LOL).

This should take care of and answer any questions/issues when changing to custom wheels/tires. I got started down this path with information from another string on the same topic. There was a tech on here that had described the procedure vaguely but I couldn't find his post (if you read this - THANKS). So - this is not my idea originally - just a more descriptive set of instructions you can take to your local dealer. Hope this clears up all the confusion on the topic.

7. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Very helpful for a widespread issue. This should be a sticky where it can be found easily.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not shure if this works but the service tech at my dealer told me if I wanted to lower the pressure on my rear tires with no light to throw the rear tpms into the spare tire and that the truck would read the sensors from their. I had just installed some toyo r/t tires and the rear is real rough at 80 psi. Maybe when I rotate them I will give this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak209 View Post
    Not shure if this works but the service tech at my dealer told me if I wanted to lower the pressure on my rear tires with no light to throw the rear tpms into the spare tire and that the truck would read the sensors from their. I had just installed some toyo r/t tires and the rear is real rough at 80 psi. Maybe when I rotate them I will give this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This will not work... At least not on mine. I had to throw my spare on and had the other tire in the bed and get a MSG.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

12. Likes Hulk liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larry1009 View Post
    I have found this just after I posted my reply take a look, this will help!

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Indytruckchampion https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...post-right.png
    Ok guys.... I've done this on several trucks now and have confirmed it will work on any 2014+ and on any model (I have not tried it on C&C yet). You will have to have this done at a dealer. Print this and take it in and they should be able to change your settings and turn off the light. It takes about 10 minutes.

Step 1: Go into the BCM (body control module). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Go to "update pressure thresholds". Set pressure to desired settings. Do not try to do different pressures front and back! Even if you run 10 psi difference front to back you won't get a light. If you plan to run 10 psi difference I suggest your "setting" be in the middle of the high and low just to give you a little cushion.

Step 2: Go into the RFH (radio frequency hub). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Perform "RFH replace" and follow prompts. You will need the PIN number for the truck. That can be obtained through Dealer Connect with the vin number to the truck. When following the prompts - when asked for desired pressure setting - set new pressure levels. You do not need to replace anything - just perform the function to set new levels.

I have not had to drive the truck - once the RFH replace function is done the light goes out and the truck is reading new pressures.

Done!!.
    It's been a while since this was posted. Does this method still work? Thanks!

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    It's been a while since this was posted. Does this method still work? Thanks!
    No, this is the step by step process that I have actually taken to the dealership for them to use. What I was told is that It definitely worked on the 2013 and older, maybe even up to one of the first flash updates on the 14. There is no way this can be changed unless one of the programmer guys that can get into vehicle ECM can figure it out.

15. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larry1009 View Post
    No, this is the step by step process that I have actually taken to the dealership for them to use. What I was told is that It definitely worked on the 2013 and older, maybe even up to one of the first flash updates on the 14. There is no way this can be changed unless one of the programmer guys that can get into vehicle ECM can figure it out.
    With everything I have heard most dealerships will not do this process anymore

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Thanks Larry1009 thanked for this post
    Likes Larry1009 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast