Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  43
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DEF Tank After Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have ne intention of ever putting the emissions junk back on so guess I’ll remov it. I honestly haven’t looked at, is it a easy removal?
    Your finally going to delete bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Your finally going to delete bud
    Yeah, I did last weekend.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

After all my parts fell off, I simply drilled out the tank...yes drilled it out and drained it off. Far easier to open and clear than trying some of the other draining methods. Then I rinsed the tank out with about 10 gallons of fresh water to clear all DEF from the tank. After rinsing I made up ~3 gallons of DI water and Prestone antifreeze 50/50 mix and filled my tank. You may ask way? Well there is the potential to get an error message with an empty tank after delete and tuning. Additionally, I did not want left over DEF crystallizing in my tank and on my pump and components should I ever have to fix the truck back. Going on 5 months and zero issues. Plus the little OCD side of me likes seeing the DEF gauge full. Oh, how did I seal my tank? Took a plastic cap we used for shipping Stanadyne fuel pumps, covered it with marine sealant and put it in the hole and sealed it over.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Hootie thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Hootie liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

I'm with Dustincayko, I thought about a water meth system just to help keep everything cool and clean.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

That would be a big water meth tank LOL

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_RG View Post
    After all my parts fell off, I simply drilled out the tank...yes drilled it out and drained it off. Far easier to open and clear than trying some of the other draining methods. Then I rinsed the tank out with about 10 gallons of fresh water to clear all DEF from the tank. After rinsing I made up ~3 gallons of DI water and Prestone antifreeze 50/50 mix and filled my tank. You may ask way? Well there is the potential to get an error message with an empty tank after delete and tuning. Additionally, I did not want left over DEF crystallizing in my tank and on my pump and components should I ever have to fix the truck back. Going on 5 months and zero issues. Plus the little OCD side of me likes seeing the DEF gauge full. Oh, how did I seal my tank? Took a plastic cap we used for shipping Stanadyne fuel pumps, covered it with marine sealant and put it in the hole and sealed it over.
    Good info. DRD tunes show full on DEF even when it’s empty. I chuckle when I see ppls read empty because it would drive me nuts!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Thundervee, protonpow liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I installed an air compressor and tank there.

https://i.imgur.com/Mmwc2Rol.jpg

It is the perfect spot.
    That is sweet!

I was just asking some Ram cats about this.

I want to be able to lower my tire press and refill after 4x4 action.

Can you give me details?

What equipment and cost etc?

I have 2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn.

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    That is sweet!

I was just asking some Ram cats about this.

I want to be able to lower my tire press and refill after 4x4 action.

Can you give me details?

What equipment and cost etc?

I have 2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn.

I picked my compressor and tank to do the same thing you are talking about. The compressor is a heavy duty Viair 450C unit that is 100% duty cycle, I have a 2.5 gal tank and assorted valves, relays, and solenoids. I think I have about $450-$500 in the whole setup. I have a solenoid valve on the drain so I can push an aux button and drain any water out of the tank from in the cab. It works well to pump up tires, the CFM is not all that great (1.8 CFM). I have not had to refill my 38's but I have helped a few people with flats and it does a decent job. I leave it on all the time and when the pressure drops and it kicks on you know it. Sometimes it takes a second or two for me the realize it is the compressor and not some problem with the cummins or transmission.

Hope that helps.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

11. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Nice job man! So I assume it’s electric? You just wired it in.... to the def tank wires?
    Again that’s top notch. A train horn that is louder then... well ...... a real train be sweeeeet!!

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

DEF Tank After Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Nice job man! So I assume it’s electric? You just wired it in.... to the def tank wires?
    Again that’s top notch. A train horn that is louder then... well ...... a real train be sweeeeet!!
    Yes it is electric, but it is wired to my factory aux switches.

The compressor pulls like 30 amps so it needs a dedicated power supply, relay and pressure switch.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

14. Likes InlineSix.7, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast