Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  90
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 8" exhaust tip

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: 8" exhaust tip

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    Yup that gets my vote!! I like that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate it. Imma post instructions on how to do it since people seem to like it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Thanks Jaxonsram, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

So since yall seam to like it here's how to do it. If you have a long bed you may need some pipe. It requires no welding or bending. Just cutting. Only tools needed is a 14 mm socket a sawsall or grinder just something to cut the pipe. And if you've got the extra band clamp and pipe extensions that came with your flo pro exhaust you've got the hardware also if you do it save your self some trouble and put some seal glide or grease on the hangers since you'll be taking the tail pipe on and off. take the tail pipe off and cut it off just before the bend that sends it out the side. You can go ahead and reinstall the tail pipe at this point. Now what I did was loosened the clamp under the fuel filter so I could adjust the pipe that runs over the axle. You'll have to adjust that pipe and the tail pipe in conjunction to get the right angle. I tried to get it so it came out center with the corner of the bumper. Then what I did was I took the extension peice of exhaust supplied in the kit for a megacab and the extra clamp. I cut about 1/2 to 1 inch off. Then installed the 8 inch tip ( its 15 inches long pretty standard for exhaust tips) onto the extension. Makes it much easier to get the tip level since it fits pretty tight around the exhaust. Then clamp the tip and extension to what was the tail pipe. And it came out perfect for me. Doesnt stick out past the bumper. My recommendation is to not cut the extension until you test fit everything since what you need to cut off may not be what I did mainly depending on where exactly you cut the tail pipe. And for you megacab guys or if you mess up and cut too short you've got the extension piece for the long beds as a backup. I would post pictures and all but I didnt think of taking any while i was doing it. But it took me maybe 45 minutes to do it. Lemme know if you've got questions.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

I vote for that look as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I agree, this last setup looks the best. All the drone in the cab gone now?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I agree, this last setup looks the best. All the drone in the cab gone now?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Yup all gone Haha. So much better. Idk if ide been able to keep it dumped. Daggum dash would probably rattle apart.

7. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Love that sound !!
    Nice job

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, Dwelsh liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Snap I like that!!! Only thing is how bad will it blacken your rear bumper?
    I put a powder coated 5” turn down for my tip. Got tired of the bumper blacking out. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    It should help him- I had mine like this on my 06 5.9 and I never had soot on the bumper and the tuning was not nearly as clean as Rays. Before I would wipe me rear corner a couple times a week

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    It should help him- I had mine like this on my 06 5.9 and I never had soot on the bumper and the tuning was not nearly as clean as Rays. Before I would wipe me rear corner a couple times a week
    When the weather permits i usually wash it about once a week anyways so im not too worried about it haha. White sucks. If ya let it dirty too long it is hard to clean and gets them tiny brown specs in the paint so i try to keep er clean LOL

13. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234