Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #91

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Franzs' feelings were that it was a sensor. Maybe something getting weak with age? That would explain multi years being affected and only a few trucks. I have only gotten the fuel pressure code one time despite the truck having had these symptoms several times. What I'm wondering now that I've seen the truck seems to have decent power rolling on the throttle is maybe throttle position sensor? I think the fuel pressure is a result of something else that is causing the problem. But really what do I know...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I know trust me I know nothing either I'm just trying to guess at things. Idk of the truck will throw a CEL every time the relief valve relieves the pressure since that is what it's designed for. If I were going to go the route of checking things I would start with the cheapest thing and possibly eliminate them one by one. I'm not saying do that, I'm just saying if I were going to do that that would be the route I took.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #92

User Info Menu

Posted this on another thread, but I think it may apply here too...

i came in late on this whole ordeal, but long story short, our mechanics work on big motors not pickups (peterbilts, frac pumps, etc) and I have been helping getting a 2013 back up and running...DPF probs lead to them asking my opinion about deleting it. Gave them my advice, and they went another route.

Not sure at what point it started loosing coolant (before or after delete, but I think it was before). They did egr delete thinking that was culprit. I came in during egr delete and helped diagnose that no, it was head gasket.

We finished up HG early this week and truck is a complete dog!!

So, full delete via RaceMEUltra (not done in house), new top end seals/gasket, "Service electronic throttle control" warning and lamp stays on. Getting p0193 code (fuel rail psi sensor high voltage) and truck is completely gutless!!! No power.

I pulled miniSD card today and ensured file was up to date. Did update in truck and no result.

Pulled TCV, cleaned it, cleaned sensor, verified batteries are not weak...don't know what's up!!!

Help!!!

4. Top Of Page | #93

User Info Menu

So has anyone gotten any assistance from Franz or RaceME on this issue yet? Mine is getting progressively worse as time goes on. Franz told me 2 months ago it would be corrected in the next update being released shortly but nothing. Im thinking I have spent my money on the wrong product.

5. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #94

User Info Menu

Just patiently waiting for warp tuning here. Mine had not gotten any worse and the other day the truck took off like it was supposed to when I goosed it trying to pass someone and it startled the crap out of me! Haven't had time to experiment more. Since then, I did bump up to the 150 tune and it seems quieter at least. I find the timing rattle bothersome on the lower tunes and this seems a little better as some had suggested. Lucky for me I have a 5 mile trip to work so I don't get too frustrated and don't have any highways so I'm dealing for now. Not happily, but...

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

7. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #95

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
    So has anyone gotten any assistance from Franz or RaceME on this issue yet? Mine is getting progressively worse as time goes on. Franz told me 2 months ago it would be corrected in the next update being released shortly but nothing. Im thinking I have spent my money on the wrong product.
    You guys have to remember, Rome wasn't built in one day. Franz means nothing but to have the best product. I'm sorry that you are having problems but you are a very small percentage, very small compared to units sold. He will come thru. I still read daily other tuning having its own issues so no matter what choice you make it takes lots of time to perfect. Just hang in there and quit posting so much negativity, please. You will see very shortly you have the best option available.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

9. Thanks TH-64, DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, IGOTACUMMINS, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #96

User Info Menu

I understand what your saying completely, and I also understand I'm part of a "small percentage" as I keep getting told. I'm not going to particularly care about being part of a small percentage when mine finally blows the tip off an injector or some other non sense and I'm flipping a 10K rebuild bill because I'm a "small percentage". I feel like over two months of waiting for a tune update or someone even asking for info on it to help correct what I'm sure is just a programming issue an dnothing more is a bit long when you consider what the consumer is paying for these. I'm by no means trying to be negative or create hate because I enjoy the product. I just want it to work before I am repairing damage done while being a small percentage awaiting a fix. I think that's more than reasonable on our parts.

11. Thanks DRD, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, oneshotkyle, mtday liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #97

User Info Menu

All you fellas are making good truthful points.

I don't the problems that I've heard of so far are going to cause any engine damage. However, every truck owner has to make decisions for themselves concerning what's best.

I know for a fact that in time ALL issues will be addressed... that's just common business sense. If there was something I could do personally for you fine fellas with issues, I would. I just hope you can wait this out.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, crazykev4x4 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #98

User Info Menu

Here's the thing Kyle. I realize that no amount of complaining on this or any other public forum will serve to fix the issue a few of us are having and would be counterproductive. As such, you'll find I have not done so. I think I have an understanding of what is coming with warp tuning and how that will have the capability to resolve my issues. That being said, try to imagine the frustration of having my 60k truck have issues for 2 months because of my thousand dollar tuner and being completely powerless to do anything but wait for someone else to fix it. I'd think most of us are on this forum because we enjoy fixing and understanding our trucks, and to be at someone else's mercy is probably nothing many of us here would handle easily. Franz told me it would be resolved and I believe it will be, but to drive the truck every day knowing it's not right is frustrating and nerve wracking.

15. Thanks DRD, oneshotkyle, crazykev4x4 thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #99

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    All you fellas are making good truthful points.

I don't the problems that I've heard of so far are going to cause any engine damage. However, every truck owner has to make decisions for themselves concerning what's best.

I know for a fact that in time ALL issues will be addressed... that's just common business sense. If there was something I could do personally for you fine fellas with issues, I would. I just hope you can wait this out.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ray, your support has been really impressive and you have definitely earned me as a customer . I have no doubt you would help if you could and you'll definitely be hearing from me after custom tuning is out. Thanks for all your input here! As far as waiting it out, luckily with my age and profession, I have an incredible amount of patience, so I'll be here waiting anxiously when this is all sorted out!

17. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle, TH-64 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #100

User Info Menu

So with the upcoming release of the warp tuning, I figured I'd check in with Franz again and see if there were now capabilities to figure out my problem. He told me how to put my tuner in data log mode and a made a short trip and was able to produce the malfunction numerous times. I did in fact once again get the fuel pressure relief valve dtc again as well. I am currently running the 150hp tune. I Did notice that after getting that error, my truck at the next stop had significantly louder injector rattle for a short time. Enough to kind of scare me a little, but went away and has been normal since. Franz told me that the issue would be corrected in the next update. I asked if the data showed any anomalies which I'm guessing it did otherwise they wouldn't be able to correct it. I wish thst other thread wasn't closed on the other site so I could post! No name calling, no threats no drama.... anyway I'll update wit lh any new info.

19. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64 thanked for this post
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast