Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EGR delete = blown HG?!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Ok so even though my egr is disabled it can still have drive pressures being bled off into it? So I guess keeping it should be a good idea?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminswelder View Post
    Ok so even though my egr is disabled it can still have drive pressures being bled off into it? So I guess keeping it should be a good idea?
    Yes. Yes and no. LOL.

If it bleeds off drive pressure, then it is also is putting some amount of soot in the intake.

I'd only pull the EGR off if you wanted it gone. The amount of soot that does manage to bypass would be minimal.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

LOL, honestly I was going to remove it to see if my truck would be a little louder because I'm fully straight piped with 4" exhaust and no where near as loud as I expected LOL. Also I wanted to see if my mpg would go up because lately according to the lie o meter I'm averaging about 14mpg empty.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Anyone offering a special on mcc unlock and a custom tune combo LOL!

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Only one place to get you custom tunes... @Double R Diesel. He can get you what you need. I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminswelder View Post
    Ok well I just deleted my DPF and installed my H&S tuner over a month ago and have my EGR disabled as well. I was looking into an EGR delete when I ended up stumbling onto posts saying that doing so ends up in a blown headgasket. Looking more into it I found more and more posts stating the same thing! Now my question is, did I screw up by shutting off my emissions? All I was trying to do was make my motor more reliable but ppl are making it out to be that it's more reliable when left alone! Can someone please enlighten me on whether or not to do the delete or if disabling it is just the same already? I seriously don't have money for a fixed vane turbo.
    Let me guess. Cummins Forum said that.

Blowing the head gasket is a poor tune, too much boost, too much drive pressure or driver abuse. I was one of the Pioneers of the EGR delete back in 08. This is a new one.

trick. Put a freeze plug in the end of the tube on the cooler end. Put the tube back in and it will look stock. Just put a bolt in the plug sticking out so you can get the plug out if you need too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Yes. Yes and no. LOL.

If it bleeds off drive pressure, then it is also is putting some amount of soot in the intake.

I'd only pull the EGR off if you wanted it gone. The amount of soot that does manage to bypass would be minimal.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Let me guess. Cummins Forum said that.

Blowing the head gasket is a poor tune, too much boost, too much drive pressure or driver abuse. I was one of the Pioneers of the EGR delete back in 08. This is a new one.

trick. Put a freeze plug in the end of the tube on the cooler end. Put the tube back in and it will look stock. Just put a bolt in the plug sticking out so you can get the plug out if you need too.
    Sheeesh Ray You're making me look bad! I said the same thing you did didn't I? LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes Power247, DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

LOL ya cummins forum! LOL I can't believe you hit the nail on the head!

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Sheeesh Ray You're making me look bad! I said the same thing you did didn't I? LOL
    LOL. I have to add my southern charm to it Steve!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12