Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a question!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member 6.7LaramieLonghorn's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have a question!

So I bought my 2012 Cummins and it came already deleted. I think it’s tuned because of what I’ve been reading online that you can’t delete the truck without the tune. So my question is how would I know what tuner I have? There is no tuner device anywhere on the truck. Would this be EFI Live? Don’t know where else to look any help would be very appreciated.

2012 • 2500 6.7 Cummins • Laramie Longhorn • EGR/DPF Delete • 4inch Straight Pipe • 35s • South Texas

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I have a question!

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7LaramieLonghorn View Post
    So I bought my 2012 Cummins and it came already deleted. I think it’s tuned because of what I’ve been reading online that you can’t delete the truck without the tune. So my question is how would I know what tuner I have? There is no tuner device anywhere on the truck. Would this be EFI Live? Don’t know where else to look any help would be very appreciated.

2012 • 2500 6.7 Cummins • Laramie Longhorn • EGR/DPF Delete • 4inch Straight Pipe • 35s • South Texas
    It does sound like EFi Live. You see a switch anywhere?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's a tough one. Could be EFI Live, Smarty, RaceMe, H&S... I don't know how you'd find out without contacting the previous owner. You may have to purchase a tuner and reflash it. Don't let a dealer update your ECM without a tuner on hand, or you'll be dead in the water!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Just go ahead and order the MM3 from Ray at DRD he is the best in the buisness and the MM3 is the best tuner in the buisness you’ll absolutely love having a DRD tuned MM3 tuner

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes 6.7LaramieLonghorn liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I echo what @TH-64 said... Could be any of those.. if the truck is running good then I wouldn't worry about it. Changing tunes will basically have you starting from scratch since you don't have access to the current tune device

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    It does sound like EFi Live. You see a switch anywhere?
    No there is no switch anywhere

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I echo what @TH-64 said... Could be any of those.. if the truck is running good then I wouldn't worry about it. Changing tunes will basically have you starting from scratch since you don't have access to the current tune device

Greg
    Would I be able to just buy another tuner and tune it like that?

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    That's a tough one. Could be EFI Live, Smarty, RaceMe, H&S... I don't know how you'd find out without contacting the previous owner. You may have to purchase a tuner and reflash it. Don't let a dealer update your ECM without a tuner on hand, or you'll be dead in the water!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I bought the truck at a dealership, what’s the best way to get in touch with the previous owner? Car fax?

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thank you all for the replies!

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Would I be able to just buy another tuner and tune it like that?

Typically, yes. The new tunes would just overwrite the old ones if using box tuning like H&S or RaceME. If you are thinking of going with custom tuning like MM3 by Double R Diesel then tuner will let you know if anything else needs to be done first.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast