Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  46
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick question on S & B CAI

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Quick question on S & B CAI

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Take a look at Shibby before you decide, Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance is a vendor for Shibby. Lots of talk about them here on the forum.
    Knowing what I know now, I would have gone the air horn direction first and also did a grid heater delete before I did the CAI.
    Hindsight is always 20/20, but it also costs more in the long run.
    Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for the mention Mr. John! Very much appreciated my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Stay away from Banks most of the time they are just over hyped and way over priced ! GDP Intakes are very good and so is Pusher and Shibby stuff is great just no Banks BS on a Cummins major no no everybody else stuff is great Check out Clayton from DDP he will hook you up

Thank you Mr. Dan! Very much appreciated for the mention my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    You mentioned decent paper filter. I have the stock airbox but I have a K&N drop in filter. Is that an issue?
    I would get a AFE or S&B drop in replacement filter K&N makes good stuff for internal combustion engines aka gas burners but not for Cummins motors it’s probably all right but the other makers make it especially for the Cummins motors

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks Joe Froe thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I went on the site but can't find the shibby airhorn. When i click on Shibby it's just blank?

2017 Ram 2500 6.7 6in Suspension lift, 37x12.50x20, Tuned by DRD, EGR Delete, DPF, DEF delete, 5in Flo Pro turbo back exhaust no muffler, 29 in light bar, blacked out headlights and taillights, AMP Research power steps,Full JL Audio sound system 2 10s. Soon to have Shibby Airhorn, TV delete and heater delete.

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Check out the GDP grid heater delete. It is milled on the under side to allow more air flow to the rear cylinders. BTW, my truck starts fine with no grid heater, even at 0 degrees F.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Thanks Zeus1911 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Zeus1911 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Zeus1911 There is a lot of good info for you here. But I'd like to mention something to consider. On the air filter, unless you intend to ramp up the horse power, you stock box will serve you well. Just make sure if there is a restriction in the tube from the box to the turbo, remove it.

As for the filter. Dry paper verses oil has something to consider. If you unknowningly over oil, the oil can migrate to the turbo blades and collect, causing it to unbalance the blades and then the turbo can fail over time. Metal out of the turbo and in the intake. If you clean the blades when you see the oil collecting, you have a chance of not having an issue. Vehicles like fuel injection only, you will not have any issues.

I had the oil filter, but travel cross country alot each year, and have had my filter load up with trash in windy areas. If you carry a spare or carry a cleaning kit, your fine. But places like hotels don't like you cleaning it on their property. So I don't. I bought aFe dry filters for every vehicles I own. When it is dirty, I can pull it when I spend a night at a hotel room, clean it in the shower, dry it and reinstall the next day and be on my way. Last as long as a K&N oil filter.. And I never worry of over oiling. Even just vaccuming it will bring it back to 80% like new.

And as many people don't understand, a stock air filter is actually a cold air intake. Many CAI draw form inside the engine compartment. The stock is through a hole in the fender, pulling from outside the engine compartmet. S&B and Bank are acrtually cold air to, but they draw from the hole the stock uses and have the option to add the snorkel if you want. But they don't help that much.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Zeus1911 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

The S&B retains the factory active air system too btw. You transfer the motor from the stock air box to the new one and it has a swing gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Zeus1911 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Zeus1911 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Thanks

2017 Ram 2500 6.7 6in Suspension lift, 37x12.50x20, Tuned by DRD, EGR Delete, DPF, DEF delete, 5in Flo Pro turbo back exhaust no muffler, 29 in light bar, blacked out headlights and taillights, AMP Research power steps,Full JL Audio sound system 2 10s. Soon to have Shibby Airhorn, TV delete and heater delete.

13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Zeus1911 There is a lot of good info for you here. But I'd like to mention something to consider. On the air filter, unless you intend to ramp up the horse power, you stock box will serve you well. Just make sure if there is a restriction in the tube from the box to the turbo, remove it.

As for the filter. Dry paper verses oil has something to consider. If you unknowningly over oil, the oil can migrate to the turbo blades and collect, causing it to unbalance the blades and then the turbo can fail over time. Metal out of the turbo and in the intake. If you clean the blades when you see the oil collecting, you have a chance of not having an issue. Vehicles like fuel injection only, you will not have any issues.

I had the oil filter, but travel cross country alot each year, and have had my filter load up with trash in windy areas. If you carry a spare or carry a cleaning kit, your fine. But places like hotels don't like you cleaning it on their property. So I don't. I bought aFe dry filters for every vehicles I own. When it is dirty, I can pull it when I spend a night at a hotel room, clean it in the shower, dry it and reinstall the next day and be on my way. Last as long as a K&N oil filter.. And I never worry of over oiling. Even just vaccuming it will bring it back to 80% like new.

And as many people don't understand, a stock air filter is actually a cold air intake. Many CAI draw form inside the engine compartment. The stock is through a hole in the fender, pulling from outside the engine compartmet. S&B and Bank are acrtually cold air to, but they draw from the hole the stock uses and have the option to add the snorkel if you want. But they don't help that much.
    Thanks for taking the time write that. Its much appreciated

14. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Check out the GDP grid heater delete. It is milled on the under side to allow more air flow to the rear cylinders. BTW, my truck starts fine with no grid heater, even at 0 degrees F.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    The S&B retains the factory active air system too btw. You transfer the motor from the stock air box to the new one and it has a swing gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks

18. Likes Trooper17, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast