Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delete a 17 ram cummins 6.7 ideas

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Delete a 17 ram cummins 6.7 ideas

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlathrop87 View Post
    Is that what most people do? So what your saying Rays stuff is the best of the best??
    Honestly, I do think he’s the best. He can write you a tune for what you’re wanting. I’ve had EFI Live before and was not a fan. Plus there are no gauges, so you have to buy an Edge. If you tow often, I would recommend the MM3 because it’s all in one! You don’t have to buy a bunch of stuff to piece together just to delete your truck. When I tow my travel trailer, I look at several different parameters, not just my pyro. I feel that EFI Live will be obsolete before too long, but that just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you choose. You’ll love your truck so much more once deleted!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Is that what most people do? So what your saying Rays stuff is the best of the best??
    I did the install myself, in my garage. There are step by step instruction that are hard to mess up! Once I had everything laid out and organized, the entire install might have taken me 4-5 hours by myself.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

IF your local shop will give you everything you want for that price and you are not looking for the ability to change on the fly and monitor all the data points that are available with the MM3 and they will stand behind their work than you should go for it. The MM3 kit from DRD is quite a bit more money but you get a lot more also.

In the end it is your decision and part of that is cost.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The DRD mm3 is the most asked about and purchased from us as well. You will definitely not regret it. I get alot of folks that just want the single tune and sadly they end up coming back and spending more money getting the shift on the fly tunes. When you get the shift on the fly tunes you get to choose the tune that best suits your driving style or what you are doing with the truck at that time. It's well worth it and i think you would be much happier with it.

If you get the mm3 there are videos that walk you step by step in how to install it. If you still do not feel like messing with it then you can always get the shop you mentioned to install it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum @andrewlathrop87

might I suggest contacting Ray, discuss all your wants, desires and concerns with him. he has a very great reputation here and I have yet to read one bad one. he has spent what time each person needs to learn and figure what is really needed. plus he responds very quickly if there is a problem. I will say I haven't bought from him, but my truck is to old for the MM3 system. if he covered my year truck, I'd be going to him.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I'm new to this world also. So I read and read and read some more, what I came up with is, it's all personal preference. What works for you, now and in the long run. I bought the MM3 from DRD with the "Lite Option". It has a 30HP tow, 90 street and 150 performance tune. I didn't need all the bells and whistles, just something to clean up the engine and let it breath. The customer service I have received has been outstanding and always prompt.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I have heard that but hes in the carolinas and I am in oklahoma. I just dont feel comfortable of doing the install myself. I guess that is what people do when they buy from Ray they install it themselves?
    It’s not hard to do the install bud as long as you have some common sense you would and should be able to do the install yourself good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    It’s not hard to do the install bud as long as you have some common sense you would and should be able to do the install yourself good luck

I have no doubt I could do it myself. But I have reservations that I could end up screwing something up on a 67K truck. I really worry about doing the egr delete. The exhaust seems straight forward.

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I have no doubt I could do it myself. But I have reservations that I could end up screwing something up on a 67K truck. I really worry about doing the egr delete. The exhaust seems straight forward.
    You don't need to delete the EGR. Leave it in place.

Contact @Double R Diesel.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

15. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    You don't need to delete the EGR. Leave it in place.

Contact @Double R Diesel.
    Isn't that the point of deleting the truck is to remove the egr? What would be the benefit to leave it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast