Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 74 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #731

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    80% closed at idle for the VGT is normal.

Ray8
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ok Ray here goes
    1500rpm RP 8.5ISH
    TIM 3.6ISH. VGT 50.5 this is cruising light throttle
    2000rpm. RP 12 to 14ISH. TIM 6.5 VGT 45.5 ISH Light throttle cruising

Now moderately banging throught the gears rail pressure would hit 26 timing 6.8 to 7.5 rattle like crazy worse with less load. Now this is on the 60hp tune 23 timing eco spool 1850rp. Now i flipped it to 120 same settings before getting home. Same settings hardly any rattle except around 1500rpm. Waaay less timing sometimes even negative and VGT was way less cruising to like 22% under same conditions as above. Sounded way better on the 120 tune. On the 60 tune it rattles the whole time lightly cruising down the highway totally silent on 120. Any ideas besides stick with the 120 tune LOL. I just reprogrammed the truck with a batt charger as franz told me too. Havent drove it yet but got my EB back at warm up so maybe it fixed something I haven't drove it yet.

2. Top Of Page | #732

User Info Menu

And i dont mind the rattle either when its normal. I operate diesel equipment all day long but this thing sounds like my old 12 valve when you take off on a 20 below zero day without letting it warm up LOL.

3. Top Of Page | #733

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrar30 View Post
    And i dont mind the rattle either when its normal. I operate diesel equipment all day long but this thing sounds like my old 12 valve when you take off on a 20 below zero day without letting it warm up LOL.
    All diesels sound horrible when ran that cold. I am in construction equipment every day but I always get up to operating temperature before use or drive it easy for the first little bit. It's part of being a diesel

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

4. Top Of Page | #734

User Info Menu

I know im saying my truck sounds like a cold 12 valve. I would never do that to my truck or any diesel for that matter even a gasser.

5. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #735

User Info Menu

Ok Ray here goes
    1500rpm RP 8.5ISH
    TIM 3.6ISH. VGT 50.5 this is cruising light throttle
    2000rpm. RP 12 to 14ISH. TIM 6.5 VGT 45.5 ISH Light throttle cruising

Now moderately banging throught the gears rail pressure would hit 26 timing 6.8 to 7.5 rattle like crazy worse with less load. Now this is on the 60hp tune 23 timing eco spool 1850rp. Now i flipped it to 120 same settings before getting home. Same settings hardly any rattle except around 1500rpm. Waaay less timing sometimes even negative and VGT was way less cruising to like 22% under same conditions as above. Sounded way better on the 120 tune. On the 60 tune it rattles the whole time lightly cruising down the highway totally silent on 120. Any ideas besides stick with the 120 tune LOL. I just reprogrammed the truck with a batt charger as franz told me too. Havent drove it yet but got my EB back at warm up so maybe it fixed something I haven't drove it yet.
    All that is spot on for the box tuning.

Without going into tremendous detail, the higher duration mapping (HP) actually eats away at the effect of the higher load timing, thus it quiets down.

The latest timing maps from RaceME are what I call "boxy". Meaning the timing mapping isn't linear and smooth. Nothing wrong with this but it isn't custom tuning mapping that I would make. Notice how you go negative (retarded) timing to positive (advanced) timing almost instantly with throttle and load. A quick transition from retarded to advanced can be heard with a good ear. Add to the equation that you have a manual trans which makes the load bounce up and down quickly, then the changes in timing are really magnified.

Bottom line, its all good...but I can do better with a nice polished custom tune.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN, E.mccarthy7018 thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #736

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    All that is spot on for the box tuning.

Without going into tremendous detail, the higher duration mapping (HP) actually eats away at the effect of the higher load timing, thus it quiets down.

The latest timing maps from RaceME are what I call "boxy". Meaning the timing mapping isn't linear and smooth. Nothing wrong with this but it isn't custom tuning mapping that I would make. Notice how you go negative (retarded) timing to positive (advanced) timing almost instantly with throttle and load. A quick transition from retarded to advanced can be heard with a good ear. Add to the equation that you have a manual trans which makes the load bounce up and down quickly, then the changes in timing are really magnified.

Bottom line, its all good...but I can do better with a nice polished custom tune.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    When warp comes out you will be getting a phone call my friend!

2013 tradesman G56. 5"lift. 35s on fuel 2pc mavericks. Race me ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel! 5in TBE

9. Likes DRD liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #737

User Info Menu

I reprogrammed my truck with a battery charger and my exhaust brake now works on warm up smooth high idle as well
    What year do you have? The only time I can hear the exhaust brake during warm up is when I have the VGT set to quick spool, but it still doesn't load up the engine like the stock tune did. It does go into high idle like it's supposed to though.

Franz told me months ago that the exhaust brake functions just like stock for warm up, but I can pretty much guarantee that it doesn't put any load on the engine like it would stock, at least on my truck...

11. Top Of Page | #738

User Info Menu

2013. Mine was not working till I retuned. Was 19 degrees this morning when it kicked on. VGT went to 90 some % percent closed not long after i started it and sounded like a jet taking off. Was the first time i heard it since deleting but it was working just like stock. Temp was 160 in no time.

12. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #739

User Info Menu

Also I hooked my charger to it to keep it above 13v put the truck back to stock let the battery charge for a bit and reprogrammed with deleted tune. At the same time i had it in a heated garage to be sure the grid heater would not kick on with key on/off and engine was up to operating temp

14. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #740

User Info Menu

Also I hooked my charger to it to keep it above 13v put the truck back to stock let the battery charge for a bit and reprogrammed with deleted tune. At the same time i had it in a heated garage to be sure the grid heater would not kick on with key on/off and engine was up to operating temp
    If you've said and I missed it somewhere, I'm sorry, but is your servo plugged in or unplugged?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Thanks mtday thanked for this post
Page 74 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast