Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Transmission magnet

1. Top Of Page | #1

Transmission magnet

I found these magnets made by filtermag that go on the outside of the transmission pan and are supposed to keep metal attached to the bottom of the pan. Has anyone used these or think it’s worth it. I figured if 50 bucks keeps my trans a little healthier it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission magnet

Magnets will help and a bit more wouldn't hurt I guess.
    But the 2 stock donut magnets in my pan are healthy and big enough it collects all kinds of trash.
    So could this be a bit over kill ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My theory is, if you need more magnets than what the factory provides, then you have a bigger issue and no amount of magnets will help.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

4. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

You’re probably right. I was just looking to protect this trans as much as I can. I was looking into the aluminum deep sump pans like a mag hytec but then I realized that you can’t even reinstall the magnets because the pan would be aluminum. It says it has an aluminum drain plug but I figured there’s no way a little drain plug would be better than 1-2 donut magnets in the pan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    You’re probably right. I was just looking to protect this trans as much as I can. I was looking into the aluminum deep sump pans like a mag hytec but then I realized that you can’t even reinstall the magnets because the pan would be aluminum. It says it has an aluminum drain plug but I figured there’s no way a little drain plug would be better than 1-2 donut magnets in the pan

If you’re hellbent on using magnets with an aluminum pan you can always epoxy them

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

7. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post