Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No throttle response this morning....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No throttle response this morning....

So I had an issue this morning when I went out to drive my truck so I could pick up my boat on the way home from work this afternoon. I walk out to take the garbage down by the road and stop at the truck and turn the key to the on position so the tune can load while I walk the garbage to the street. On the way back up the driveway, I reach in and crank her up and continue up the house to turn off the lights and close the garage door. All of this in approx.2 minutes. So I hop into the truck and put it in gear and go to back down the driveway and there is absolutely NO throttle response. The tach barely moves about an 8th of an inch but otherwise nothing. OK, I turn it off and re-crank…Nothing no response, no codes and no chk engine light. I turn it back off and unplug the raceme ultra (retail version) and crank it back up. Nothing.Now I am concerned!

This has never happened before. I updated the tuner with the most recent tune about 3 weeks ago and have had no other troubles. I had to abandon taking the truck to work and drove the car instead. When I got to work, approx. 20 min later, My wife was home and I asked her to try to crank it up. She jumped in and poof, it seemed to be working just fine. The throttle response was back. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? It was about 65 deg. outside and clear as a bell.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No throttle response this morning....

I would crank it up first and then let the tune load. That way your batteries are getting a full charge. Loading a tune on low voltage can cause all sorts of issues. This is especially important when the grid heater is cycling on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes SeveredCummins14, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Some people have the issue with the RaceME Ultra box tuning.

Get it custom tuned.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't have the cash for a custom tune and I have not had any other problems in the past 5 months I have had the tuner. Only reason I didn't crank right away is because there Is splash screen that says to wait while the "Key on" tunes are loaded. Maybe the batteries needed a chance to recover after being in the "on" position for a minute or so. We will see.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes, I've had a similar issue but with the MM3. Waiting in the airport parking lot for my wife's flight listening to the radio, with the key on for quite a while. Pickup started fine, let the clutch out to leave and no throttle. Unplugged the MM3 a couple of times, didn't have tool one with me to remove the battery cables. After about 10 minutes started it again and everything was good. Ray @Double R Diesel posted a link yesterday about possible problems and solutions with leaving the key on too long without starting, I believe that's what caused my problems.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

9. Likes david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Don't know if the MM3 and RaceMe Ultra are the same animal, but here's the link I spoke of.

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tu...hooting-guide/

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Thanks BIGGUNZZ thanked for this post
    Likes BIGGUNZZ, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Agreed with the above! Low battery voltage can definitely cause all kinds of havoc on these things.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Don't know if the MM3 and RaceMe Ultra are the same animal, but here's the link I spoke of.

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tu...hooting-guide/
    Thanks for sharing the info good job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

First off let me say, this SAME EXACT THING happened to me in my 14/auto. no answer. and it resolved itself after about 30 minutes. I did try a Throttle position relearn, turn to ON not run, slowly depress and release accelerator (10seconds down 10 up). however Im not so sure it did a dang thing as it still wouldnt go after that immediately.

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

My issue was that I left the key in the RUN position for too long prior to me actually cranking the truck up. When I let it set, turned off, for a bit after the throttle was not responding, It cranked up and ran fine. I have not had the problem return again sense.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast