Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much boost is everyone seeing ?

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: How much boost is everyone seeing ?

I fixed it. It was bleeding off boost from the silicone coupling that attaches the pipe to the turbo. I swapped the one clamp I suspected was not tight enough for a smaller one and tightened it down. This clamp actually pinched the silicone and now it’s sealed. The previous clamp was tight enough to keep the pipe from blowing off but it couldn’t seal at higher boost levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Good deal! I would let AFE know about it.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Good deal! I would let AFE know about it.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl
    I tried to call them the other day and tell them their clamps were to big and these pipes weren’t sealing correctly and they basically kept telling me I was SOL because I have a 2017 truck and they only verified fitment up to 2016. I said about 5 times that a 17 is identical to a 16 and it’s irrelevant regardless because my issue is with their clamps on their pipes. All the stock clamps were reused on the turbo and intercooler fittings. So it doesn’t matter what year my truck is. I’m gonna call them again though. Two of the clamps are still theirs and I want to change those too. They gave me 3.25 diameter clamps when it should be 2.75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

sounds similar to the argument I had with S & B and Air Dog. It's never their fault

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12