Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine fuel filter lid was a pain!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Engine fuel filter lid was a pain!

That cap is always a pain..... Seems like there is never an easy way to get it unscrewed!!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    That cap is always a pain..... Seems like there is never an easy way to get it unscrewed!!!
    The billet aluminum cap that Genos Garage sells is the best thing out there unless you do filter relocation kits

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Mr. Dan. I will definitely look into that. Anything to make it easier for my short self haha!

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    The billet aluminum cap that Genos Garage sells is the best thing out there unless you do filter relocation kits

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes TJB liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Mr. Dan. I will definitely look into that. Anything to make it easier for my short self haha!
    Yeah Clayton it is great love mine it is 100% billet aluminum and the nut is solid all together and it is 28mm not 1 1/8” sae get the 28mm socket from them also

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Yes sir i did in fact order both of those at one point in time. Im all set up on the sockets for sure! Now to get the cap! I'll be sure and have this ordered before my next change.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Yes sir i did in fact order both of those at one point in time. Im all set up on the sockets for sure! Now to get the cap! I'll be sure and have this ordered before my next change.
    You'll thank yourself for getting it

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Well it’s against my best judgement , but it’s Monday after a long holiday weekend.....So I will give you all a good laugh.

I went out to the truck with determination to get that lid off. (Mind you I did not have a replacement lid in case I broke this one)

So I get the “correct” 6 point socket on the nut. Attach a short wobble extension. Attach a 5” extension. Attach the 10” extension. I attached my breaker bar. I slide the cheater pipe over the breaker bar.....

I lay into it and nothing. Still won’t budge. I’m looking at the cap and the arrow pointing to the right....I said to myself....self....”why would they put a reverse thread lid on this filter housing?”

Self, again....”Well it’s righty tighty....lefty loosey. Maybe you should try turning it left?”

So.....I reposition the breaker bar and cheater pipe. I’m preparing to pull with all my might. The lid is coming off or I am ripping the housing off.

I’m leaning into it slowly at first and gradually increasing force when the damn thing breaks loose and I damn near fall off the step stool!

Success!

Moral of the story. The filter canister lid is not reverse threads and I’m a complete moron. Happy Monday!!!

Todd
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 68RFE | Deleted and Tuned by Double R Diesel |

9. Thanks Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Rob See liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14blackram View Post
    Well it’s against my best judgement , but it’s Monday after a long holiday weekend.....So I will give you all a good laugh.

I went out to the truck with determination to get that lid off. (Mind you I did not have a replacement lid in case I broke this one)

So I get the “correct” 6 point socket on the nut. Attach a short wobble extension. Attach a 5” extension. Attach the 10” extension. I attached my breaker bar. I slide the cheater pipe over the breaker bar.....

I lay into it and nothing. Still won’t budge. I’m looking at the cap and the arrow pointing to the right....I said to myself....self....”why would they put a reverse thread lid on this filter housing?”

Self, again....”Well it’s righty tighty....lefty loosey. Maybe you should try turning it left?”

So.....I reposition the breaker bar and cheater pipe. I’m preparing to pull with all my might. The lid is coming off or I am ripping the housing off.

I’m leaning into it slowly at first and gradually increasing force when the damn thing breaks loose and I damn near fall off the step stool!

Success!

Moral of the story. The filter canister lid is not reverse threads and I’m a complete moron. Happy Monday!!!
    Good job

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14blackram View Post
    Haha! Priceless!! Thanks for being honest with us

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

It’s funny now....I mean for pete’s sake. I installed my tuner, deleted my truck, installed my EGT probe and new exhaust by myself in my driveway.....yet, I couldn’t figure out which way the damn lid turned!!! ??????

Todd
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 68RFE | Deleted and Tuned by Double R Diesel |

13. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast