Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Trip/Vacation!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Road Trip/Vacation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    What do you carry for 'just in case' scenarios
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!! I'll have to check it out!

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    So in a couple months my family(wife, kiddo, and myself)are taking my 2019 3500 dually on a road trip. Going from Pennsylvania to Wyoming to Colorado to Oklahoma back to Pennsylvania. Roughly 5000 miles. Leaving right before Christmas. Roughly 3 weeks.

Truck will have roughly 11k miles on it when I leave. Now I already changed the oil at 3k(rotella T6 15w 40). Thinking of changing oil again before I go but switching to T6 5w 40. Also thought about changing the fuel filters before the trip. However, thinking maybe I should just take the fuel filters along just in case they get clogged and really need changed.

Any one want to add their two cents on what they would do???

Also wondering what extra supplies would you take???
    Well, the gang is definitely right in the sentiment of bein forewarned is certainly forearmed.

Just a thought though from my personal experience... I change my fuel filters every 15K, I git fuel only from places that move it, rather than from the yinyang shops that might see 2 Volkswagens a month, and my engine mounted filter never really looks that bad.

4. Likes watersupply189, Booch035, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

@AK Bob Do you have tire chains for your dually?

I was thinking about getting a set but I have 255 80 17's with no spacers.

Wanted to get single tire chains but no room between the duels.

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If you're traveling through areas that can/will snow, get chains. If you have to buy them while on the road, they charge way more. I've bought them as soon as I bought my truck and once had to use them when I was on really soft ground (no snow). They were a life saver.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    If you're traveling through areas that can/will snow, get chains. If you have to buy them while on the road, they charge way more. I've bought them as soon as I bought my truck and once had to use them when I was on really soft ground (no snow). They were a life saver.
    Very good point. I would love to have them and never have to use them but have that peace of mind.

I thought about ordering a single set for just the outside dual and see if it would work.

I know if i bought a set of 2" dually wheel spacers I would have no problem. Hahaha.

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    @AK Bob Do you have tire chains for your dually?

I was thinking about getting a set but I have 255 80 17's with no spacers.

Wanted to get single tire chains but no room between the duels.
    So far I have managed to avoid the need for chains, but you guys do bring up a good point, better to have them and never have to use them than need them and not have them.

I am running the stock tire size 235/80R17.

Maybe one set for the outside duals would be a good idea?

Suggestions or comments welcomed.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12