Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss Of All Power At First Sign Of Boost

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Loss Of All Power At First Sign Of Boost

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    You might want to look at getting a 10 Bar MAP. I'm wondering if your compound setup is maxing your MAP out. Cause if you have no codes, no air leaks, and no fuel issues; then the problem lies somewhere in the information your truck is trying to operate off of.

Can you run a datalog with your Ultra & make sure you include Rail pressure, RPM, Boost, & MAP voltage? Should be able to narrow down if your MAP is out of range pretty quickly.
    I will run a data log today after work and post the results. This could be the issue...although since the problem arose I havent been able to achieve over 2PSI before the engine cuts power and I have to start again.

Prior to the issue I was hitting 46.7PSI Max at the intake horn (regulated with a external waste gate)

2. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2016 View Post
    I will run a data log today after work and post the results. This could be the issue...although since the problem arose I havent been able to achieve over 2PSI before the engine cuts power and I have to start again.

Prior to the issue I was hitting 46.7PSI Max at the intake horn (regulated with a external waste gate)
    Very possibly might be the LTFTs doing a big fat nope because your MAP is out of range. My guess is that during the "learning" period, the MAP was essentially being disregarded. You have to also consider that boost pressure is a measure of restriction and that your 2psi on your compound setup is going to actually be significantly more volume than 2psi on the factory VGT.

I'm not sure if this is your issue, hence the datalog, but it seems the most probable given the circumstances. Regardless, you should upgrade to a 10 bar MAP either way as the OE MAP is out of range above 32psi.

4. Thanks Alex2016, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Alex2016, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Very possibly might be the LTFTs doing a big fat nope because your MAP is out of range. My guess is that during the "learning" period, the MAP was essentially being disregarded. You have to also consider that boost pressure is a measure of restriction and that your 2psi on your compound setup is going to actually be significantly more volume than 2psi on the factory VGT.

I'm not sure if this is your issue, hence the datalog, but it seems the most probable given the circumstances. Regardless, you should upgrade to a 10 bar MAP either way as the OE MAP is out of range above 32psi.
    Is there a specific brand/part number that has proven to work best for the 10bar MAP?

Or should this be a relatively straight forward part to find at a pets store/online?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Is there a specific brand/part number that has proven to work best for the 10bar MAP?

Or should this be a relatively straight forward part to find at a pets store/online?
    Probably wont find one at a pets store, but @Dude's Diesel Performance can probably square you away!

8. Thanks Alex2016, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Alex2016, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Great, I’ll get one ordered up today regardless.

Will the OEM MAF still be adequate? If there is an upgrade I will do them both at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Great, I’ll get one ordered up today regardless.

Will the OEM MAF still be adequate? If there is an upgrade I will do them both at the same time

None that I have ever seen. To be fair, I dont particularly understand why these trucks use a MAF & MAP as is.

12. Thanks Alex2016 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Does the rail pressure increase as you try to add throttle or does it drop. The fact that the motor will not go when throttle is added sounds like it loses fuel right away when you add a load.
    Did you change the FCA? Might try putting the old one back on to make sure the new one in the bag of parts did not go bad.
    Check your pump for leaks as well since it seems you may not be building fuel pressure.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    Does the rail pressure increase as you try to add throttle or does it drop. The fact that the motor will not go when throttle is added sounds like it loses fuel right away when you add a load.
    Did you change the FCA? Might try putting the old one back on to make sure the new one in the bag of parts did not go bad.
    Check your pump for leaks as well since it seems you may not be building fuel pressure.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    I am increasing rail pressure as I add throttle. It isles around 7k and goes to 10-12k with a little throttle in neutral. I will make sure I include that in my data log later.

I did check for leaks at all fuel locations and non were found.

Swapping FCA back couldn’t hurt for a check tho.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I have added a log file of driving down my street. I tried to keep my foot on the accelerator as it putted and sputtered for log purpose. The problem would continue until i removed my foot off the accelerator, it would go back to idle, and would repeat the issue again.

Attached Files Attached Files

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I don't really know what I should be looking for in the log. If i need to change parameters and run another one I can. I also did a "HS log" on the raceme, I cannot open that file on my PC and don't know what it is either.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast