Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What intake horn are you running? I'm shopping...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: What intake horn are you running? I'm shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    Pusher
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb3e7ba20a.jpg

If you get a pusher get it powder coated. I got the natural finish which is truly natural metal. I need to clear coat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like these! I'm getting one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've read where many of these manufacture(s) of these products states it will improve air flow to the intake, and because of this will increase mpgs.
    Can anyone who has one on actually confirm this ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have a BD Diesel intake horn which also replaces the TV. I can't really say because I installed a GDP grid delete at the same time.
    Funny thing about aftermarket parts, they all claim more power, better mpg, lower egt's, etc, etc. With all the parts some of us put on, we should have 1000 HP and get 50 mpg... all at 200 degree egt's.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I've read where many of these manufacture(s) of these products states it will improve air flow to the intake, and because of this will increase mpgs.
    Can anyone who has one on actually confirm this ?
    I know with the Shibby I prior to EGR removal. I was getting about .4-.5mpg better. I removed the EGR and the TV and am seeing approximately 1-1.1mpg increase overall
    With the Stage 2 or similar design it may increase slightly but not much more. I'll be adding the grid delete next week so I can give those numbers within the next 2 tanks of fuel

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I have a BD Diesel intake horn which also replaces the TV. I can't really say because I installed a GDP grid delete at the same time.
    Funny thing about aftermarket parts, they all claim more power, better mpg, lower egt's, etc, etc. With all the parts some of us put on, we should have 1000 HP and get 50 mpg... all at 200 degree egt's.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Gas vehicles honestly should be seeing 40-50mpg without breaking a sweat now
    Diesels should be in the 50-75mpg range

With all the government/EPA standards and over regulations they have sucked the life out of them. Example look at the old iron from the late 60's and early 70's. The cars were nearly as heavy as our trucks 4500-5500 pounds. A lot with big blocks in them
    Lincoln, Cadillac, Ford, Chevy. They had no problem pushing out 28-32mpg. That's in part to leaded has along with engines that were not screwed with by over regulation

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

The problem I have is their statements: Up to ??? increase in mpgs, EGT and more.

But in reality, '0' is still part of the 'up to' statement. So with many products claims, this is deceiving, or an improper statement.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I just ordered the pusher with both boost tubes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

9. Likes theaaronbush, Sisupower, Wisenheimer liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Dropping some cash haha. Hey they perform and look good though
    I haven't seen them in a while but WCC made some nice intakes. I'm wondering if GDP bought them out or something

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Dropping some cash haha. Hey they perform and look good though
    I haven't seen them in a while but WCC made some nice intakes. I'm wondering if GDP bought them out or something
    Yeah I was nervous, still am nervous, about spending that much money and not knowing if I will tell much of a difference. I will know now that my intake will no longer have any restriction

12. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Wrong thread sorry

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    Yeah I was nervous, still am nervous, about spending that much money and not knowing if I will tell much of a difference. I will know now that my intake will no longer have any restriction

Congrats bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast