Thanks Thanks:  336
Likes Likes:  1,143
Page 155 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1750

Thread: What Did You Do On Your Truck Today?

1. Top Of Page | #1541
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    If I ever buy another truck it will be a 1/2 ton gasser. The diesels are expensive to take care of properly
    I posted this on "another forum" and I think it's true...

There is no comparison between the CTD and the 6.4L HEMI. The CTD when towing a heavy load can chew up hills that the 6.4L HEMI can't even think about running. Even on lighter hauls, the CTD will do it better with less effort and fuel.

But I think it's great that RAM saw to the fact that Ford and GM had good 3/4 and 1 ton gas options and decided to come out with the 6.4L HEMI truck engine 3 years ago. It's not remotely a replacement for the CTD -- It's just something different and they did a darn good job with the package, IMHO.

-Jay

2. Likes AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1542

User Info Menu

Installed 2 badly needed front shocks. Now I'll do the rears.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #1543

User Info Menu

Installed 2 badly needed front shocks. Now I'll do the rears.
    That's next on my list also

Life is a one time offer, make the most of it

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

5. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #1544

User Info Menu

Well not all today, but in the last week.

Replaced the evaporator and heater core with new hoses. Did the rad hoses a few weeks ago.

I replaced all 4 shocks with KYB Gas-a-Just. Good choice for me. The front Monroe's were non existent. The oil had leaked all out of both and the gas was gone. Did the rears yesterday. They were in tact, but very weak. Drove it this morning and was very pleased. Body lean is gone too.

Today I installed 2 new Batteries. I got them from Carquest, had to go with the budget plan again. At least they are 1000 CCA at 32*F and 880*F at 0*. That's better than the Optimas I had. They were 800 at 32*. Had to modify the hold downs and did some long overdue wire house keeping. Those suckers are much heavier than the gel cells. Starter spins like a little 4 banger now.

I had 6 things connected to the Battery terminal. Head lights, FASS, Fuel heater, Turbo Timer, Rad Fans so I made up a short piece of #4 welding cable and went to a 2 pole terminal block. Gooed the heck out of it with silicon grease. Much more manageable and neater now. It was too hasbin and cluttered before.

DSCN0430.jpg

Tomorrow I'll replace the pressure switch on the compressors and wash down the motor. I think I'm done until October where I will change the oil filters until spring.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #1545

User Info Menu

Drove out into the desert to a remote minesite with some urgent parts and nearly rammed some camels.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #1546

User Info Menu

Well not all today, but in the last week.

Replaced the evaporator and heater core with new hoses. Did the rad hoses a few weeks ago.

I replaced all 4 shocks with KYB Gas-a-Just. Good choice for me. The front Monroe's were non existent. The oil had leaked all out of both and the gas was gone. Did the rears yesterday. They were in tact, but very weak. Drove it this morning and was very pleased. Body lean is gone too.

Today I installed 2 new Batteries. I got them from Carquest, had to go with the budget plan again. At least they are 1000 CCA at 32*F and 880*F at 0*. That's better than the Optimas I had. They were 800 at 32*. Had to modify the hold downs and did some long overdue wire house keeping. Those suckers are much heavier than the gel cells. Starter spins like a little 4 banger now.

I had 6 things connected to the Battery terminal. Head lights, FASS, Fuel heater, Turbo Timer, Rad Fans so I made up a short piece of #4 welding cable and went to a 2 pole terminal block. Gooed the heck out of it with silicon grease. Much more manageable and neater now. It was too hasbin and cluttered before.

DSCN0430.jpg

Tomorrow I'll replace the pressure switch on the compressors and wash down the motor. I think I'm done until October where I will change the oil filters until spring.
    Great job bro you were busy over the last week

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #1547

User Info Menu

Rammed a baby camel.....

Picked up a dead ford, taking it 600km to Perth in the morning......

11. Likes Snow Dodge, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #1548

User Info Menu

Wow, a baby camel did that !! I'm assuming since you picked up a dead ford the baby camel survived ?

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

13. Top Of Page | #1549

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Wow, a baby camel did that !! I'm assuming since you picked up a dead ford the baby camel survived ?
    No, I was doing 80kmh when I hit the camel, it sat on the bar for a couple of seconds then went under the ram....
    It was about the size of a big deer...

14. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #1550

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    No, I was doing 80kmh when I hit the camel, it sat on the bar for a couple of seconds then went under the ram....
    It was about the size of a big deer...

Ohhh
    I remember your post on when you 1st showed pics of your bumper and you had said that it is needed for the Roos and camels. And I see that the ford has a bumper guard too. I just can't imagine hitting an animal that size but having those bumper guards do save a lot of damage on any vehicle, dang !

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

16. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
Page 155 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast