Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Transmission tuning RaceME

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission tuning RaceME

Heard back from Franz and them early this morning about transmission tuning

Michael did say "admit that it is time to bring this soon"
    That's in regards to the 68RFE

Prior to that since my email wasn't specific which transmission I was asking about which simply because I was asking for my truck. He did say that tuning for the AISIN
    "Will probably never come"
    Because of the encryption

Franz suggested and sent a link for a BD line pressure controller as a cheap fix that can be done now. It boosts up to 250psi and is under $400
    Cheaper than going with the Co-Piolt is it works good. Only downside is that it's more money on top of what's spent for the RaceME already. If you're running the RaceME with WARP + a 2nd device for transmission control that's a huge amount of money

Hopefully for the 07.5-09 68RFE this is some sign it will be coming finally

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission tuning RaceME

I'm using the BD plate in my valve body without the controller to boost line pressure to 250. Ray has my pressures controlled in his Warp tuning... pretty smart, that guy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I'm using the BD plate in my valve body without the controller to boost line pressure to 250. Ray has my pressures controlled in his Warp tuning... pretty smart, that guy.

Yes indeed Ray is very smart when it comes to tuning these 6.7 beasts and controlling them by keeping them inside safe parameters

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

WARP tuning isn't an option for us with 07.5-09 is the issue that everyone has been getting so frustrated with over the last year

Ray does a great job I definitely agree but he can't help us if he can't get in

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    WARP tuning isn't an option for us with 07.5-09 is the issue that everyone has been getting so frustrated with over the last year

Ray does a great job I definitely agree but he can't help us if he can't get in
    Yes I realize that, I was just thinking that the BD plate and controller would not be a complete waste of money when warp becomes available for you. On the other hand, you may have a new truck by then!

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I've had my Ultra just over a year now. Luckily the truck only has 94k
    Only problem I see coming is 2018 trucks will be out soon and that means focus on new again

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Which update are you on ?? i did the latest firmware update and had Ray send me a retune and my truck is crap now i drive my Ford as much as possible now . Im contemplating getting a fully built Randys trans or doing some ATS or BD stuff with the normal engine file

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    Which update are you on ?? i did the latest firmware update and had Ray send me a retune and my truck is crap now i drive my Ford as much as possible now . Im contemplating getting a fully built Randys trans or doing some ATS or BD stuff with the normal engine file
    Brother exactly why do you say your "truck is crap"? Your last email I got was vague and I didn't quite follow it. I know you said something about comparing the trans tuning now vs what you got year ago. My last email to you (June 8) I asked for some specifics so I could see if I could address the issues, but I never got a reply back.

Yes our base files got changed from the earlier Chrysler base files we had. Chrysler made a change that unlocks the TCC between shifts and causes a shift flare sometimes. A lot of folks do not like that one thing, but there is nothing I can do about that part with tuning at this time. The only fix for that is to change the torque converter to one with a lower stall speed than stock, which basically keeps the engine rpms from jumping as much when the TCC unlocks because of the lower stall speed.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    I have a 2012... as for your 2015, I've heard many complaints about shift flare with newer trucks. Any time you have an issue, contact Ray. His customer service is the best out there.

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Brother exactly why do you say your "truck is crap"? Your last email I got was vague and I didn't quite follow it. I know you said something about comparing the trans tuning now vs what you got year ago. My last email to you (June 8) I asked for some specifics so I could see if I could address the issues, but I never got a reply back.

Yes our base files got changed from the earlier Chrysler base files we had. Chrysler made a change that unlocks the TCC between shifts and causes a shift flare sometimes. A lot of folks do not like that one thing, but there is nothing I can do about that part with tuning at this time. The only fix for that is to change the torque converter to one with a lower stall speed than stock, which basically keeps the engine rpms from jumping as much when the TCC unlocks because of the lower stall speed.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Once again Ray is offering his assistance great guy

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post