Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission problems

Here recently out of nowhere my transmission has been acting crazy and not shifting correctly and throwing codes .. I have the warp tuning by ray for about 10,000 miles now and I'm not hard on the truck at all .. tell me it anit so and my transmission is going at 50k miles .. on my tuner screen my trans pressure stays at 180 like it's stuck . One code is gear 6 ratio incorrect . The other code is gear 5 ratio is incorrect . And the last one is press sens range/perf.. any help would be appreciated

2. Thanks martin97229, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission problems

@Double R Diesel any ideas?

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KUBES View Post
    Here recently out of nowhere my transmission has been acting crazy and not shifting correctly and throwing codes .. I have the warp tuning by ray for about 10,000 miles now and I'm not hard on the truck at all .. tell me it anit so and my transmission is going at 50k miles .. on my tuner screen my trans pressure stays at 180 like it's stuck . One code is gear 6 ratio incorrect . The other code is gear 5 ratio is incorrect . And the last one is press sens range/perf.. any help would be appreciated
    Try reprogramming the ecm tune again to reset the transmission. That may get it going but unfortunately it sounds like something went left field in the transmission. Incorrect ratio codes definitely means the clutches where slipping in those gears. Since the line pressure reading is stuck, I'd say a solenoid malfunctioned in the transmission valve body.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, jand1963, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Try reprogramming the ecm tune again to reset the transmission. That may get it going but unfortunately it sounds like something went left field in the transmission. Incorrect ratio codes definitely means the clutches where slipping in those gears. Since the line pressure reading is stuck, I'd say a solenoid malfunctioned in the transmission valve body.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I reprogrammed the ecm and did nothing. Trans pressure is reading normal again . But I can def here my clutches slipping now . Looks like 5 and 6th burnt up .. thanks for the help !!

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I reprogrammed the ecm and did nothing. Trans pressure is reading normal again . But I can def here my clutches slipping now . Looks like 5 and 6th burnt up .. thanks for the help !!
    Sorry to hear that brother. Unfortunately the OD clutches are a weak point. They can't stand but so much and if you had a valve body issue they get smoked almost instantly.

Take a breath and get a good built trans and never look back.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Once again Ray from Double R Diesel is the answer man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes The DodgeFather liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

yep now time to beef up the trans .. life goes on . Thanks

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Wow! Another blown tranny?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

If the valve body causes this is it best to go ahead and get a better valve body and plate to prevent this from happening or is it just doomed to happen sooner or later

16. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

To save some money we usually have guys that want to add extra power to do a Valve Body and Torque Converter upgrade. This upgrade usually works for most guys wanting to add some extra power without going crazy.

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556
    lukesdiesel@yahoo.com

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, jand1963 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, jand1963 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast