Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: What to do, what to do! :)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What to do, what to do! :)

OK. So im considering a variety of options for my truck next modification! looking at turbos, i want to upgrade but i dont want to upgrade to the point where i need to throw more parts at it. the plan is to stud it and put a turbo in it.

My other option is a nice suspension leving kit, larger wheels and tires.

2016 RAM 2500 Big Horn CC 36k miles
    Fully deleted with Ray's Warp tuning
    5" TBE

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What to do, what to do! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    OK. So im considering a variety of options for my truck next modification! looking at turbos, i want to upgrade but i dont want to upgrade to the point where i need to throw more parts at it. the plan is to stud it and put a turbo in it.

My other option is a nice suspension leving kit, larger wheels and tires.

2016 RAM 2500 Big Horn CC 36k miles
    Fully deleted with Ray's Warp tuning
    5" TBE
    Ask yourself what you plan to do with the truck. What do you do with the truck? Are you wanting to be constantly under it because of the cool looking mods or in it? Work truck? Show Truck? Park and admire? How much are you wanting to throw at it? Remember, many times one mod leads to another and another through necessity.

Sorry. I'm an old man who has seen time after time trucks abandoned because they were fubared so badly. But it makes sense. I tend to be more practical and be cool at the same time. There's a reason why the factories make these trucks the way they do

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Haha understandable. I was looking into a 2nd gen turbo swap, nothing crazy. Head studs and a relax valve body. I'm giving up the VGT but I'm reading some good benefits in doing so. I haul equipment ect from time to time. Also looking into the 2nd screamer drop in replacement. I don't beat the snot out of it but like to enjoy the power from time to time like all of us do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Likes Power247, Shay liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sounds to me like your on the right track!
    @Polaraco there is no such thing as old bud!! Just experienced!!! LOL

But he's right definitely want to make sure you build it right the first time so not only you are happy with the end result but your wallet is too!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    Haha understandable. I was looking into a 2nd gen turbo swap, nothing crazy. Head studs and a relax valve body. I'm giving up the VGT but I'm reading some good benefits in doing so. I haul equipment ect from time to time. Also looking into the 2nd screamer drop in replacement. I don't beat the snot out of it but like to enjoy the power from time to time like all of us do.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO A 2ND GEN SWAP OUT? i THOUGHT THE 3RD GEN WAS A BETTER OPTION. 04 TURBO'S ARE THE SAME SIZE AS THE LATER 3RD GEN 6.7 AND THE 4TH GENS. DON'T GO CHEAP ON THE TURBO. That said, you'll lose your exhaust brake. Invaluable when towing heavy.

This is the first truck I haven't had one installed. But I'm slowing down with the towing anyway. I have 8 jobs booked for the summer. I'm picking and choosing them now. Been looking at one, but it's a matter of $$$ and whether I need it anymore.

THE DUDE CAN FIX YOU UP NICELY. (BELOW) Besides, we ask you support our vendors first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Sounds to me like your on the right track!
    @Polaraco there is no such thing as old bud!! Just experienced!!! LOL

But he's right definitely want to make sure you build it right the first time so not only you are happy with the end result but your wallet is too!

Keep him on track. He tows allot so he needs dependability. The question is, where to start.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes sir most definitely I'll take care of him.
    I appreciate your support bud!!! I'll shoot him a pm this morning.

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Thake618 Hey bud! your messages are full LOL