Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuning Questions

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    My pleasure Bob

what else can I try to help you with? I'm a 2009 on down guy. There's better on the 4th gens than me, but diagnostics are mostly the same
    Yeah, I figure once all that emissions stuff falls off, a 6.7 is a 6.7. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along...

Thanks again,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    My pleasure Bob

what else can I try to help you with? I'm a 2009 on down guy. There's better on the 4th gens than me, but diagnostics are mostly the same
    Then I might park a 4th gen in your driveway and take a 3rd gen for a few weeks. That will learn you 4th gens

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

OK - how can I figure out which tune has been put on the ECM? RaceMe Ultra tuner. And if I want to change the tune, do I need to put the microSD card in the display? I'm brand new at this...

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtipton View Post
    OK - how can I figure out which tune has been put on the ECM? RaceMe Ultra tuner. And if I want to change the tune, do I need to put the microSD card in the display? I'm brand new at this...

Unfortunately the tune loaded to the ECM isn't highlighted or anything. If you're just using the RaceME tuning it will be the last one you selected
    An oversight in design I think. It would be nice to have some ability to see what's running just in case. I've had it change on me on by itself

If you are using the RT function you can select "every key on"
    That will load whatever RT tune you choose when you turn the key to the on position

Same goes for if you're using WARP tuning

As for the SD card. Once you've put all your tunes on the card and it's in the Ultra you leave it in there. Don't take it out unless you're adding more tunes on the card from your computer

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Unfortunately the tune loaded to the ECM isn't highlighted or anything. If you're just using the RaceME tuning it will be the last one you selected

If you are using the RT function you can select "every key on"
    That will load whatever RT tune you choose when you turn the key to the on position

Same goes for if you're using WARP tuning

As for the SD card. Once you've put all your tunes on the card and it's in the Ultra you leave it in there. Don't take it out unless you're adding more tunes on the card from your computer
    Thanks! I didn't load the tune - shop that did the install loaded the tune so I have no idea which tune they loaded. The SD card is in the USB adapter in the box. Hmmm... maybe I should just put the SD card in (the slot is on the top left of the display, right?) and go through the tuning procedure myself...

Regards,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Are you running the Ultra full time for gauges to? Or is it not hooked up after tuning

The SD card should be in it for sure

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

My bad... SD card is in it. Decided to do a tune as I had no idea what the current tune was. So sent stock tune with deletes and tranny tune (stock 68RFE).

Yes, using it for gauges. Besides boost and EGT, what other parameters are good to keep an eye on when towing?

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123