Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  153
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Ha I'm not poking at my wife, and definately not yours. Heck I almost put diesel in her durango two days ago. The main thing for us and her would be she don't need it. The little dmax would be something I'd like to know more about though. My biggest fear with it would be if the technology to make it the way we like it is available.
    Completely understand where you're coming from though! But to be honest, I don't need a diesel either. I don't tow or haul. I got mine for the economy and power. Plus, I do a good amount of trail riding, so I like having something that can make a ton of torque at a low RPM. My wife doesn't NEED a Cummins, by any sense. But her must haves are comfort, ease of ingress/egress, and power; and the Canyon only covers the first two. The 2.8 Duramax is nice, its torquey for what it is. But in comparison to my Cummins, it's a dog. EFI can take care of that and almost double the power numbers, but that's STILL half the power of the Ram.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Ya I just don't think my wife could take the solid axle of a heavy duty ram for her vehicle. She complains about riding in mine alot LOL. Unless were towing the camper, then it rides like a Cadillac. Not to keep bringing up gas, but my buddy has a chevy high Country with a 6.2. It rides nice, has good power, and he's claiming 21 mpg. Not the low end torque you're looking for though, but more than a little dmax.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Ya I just don't think my wife could take the solid axle of a heavy duty ram for her vehicle. She complains about riding in mine alot LOL. Unless were towing the camper, then it rides like a Cadillac. Not to keep bringing up gas, but my buddy has a chevy high Country with a 6.2. It rides nice, has good power, and he's claiming 21 mpg. Not the low end torque you're looking for though, but more than a little dmax.
    Well as far as ride quality goes, mine loves how my Ram rides with the Carli suspension, plus I have a 2500 to your 3500, which will definitely ride different. I know the gasser trucks (especially GM) have the cylinder shut down, but I'm very apprehensive about believing a 21 MPG claim out of a 6.2L gasser. Also, diesel is very cost efficient here (in comparison to the Premium that the Benz takes :|) which is a big factor in my decision to purchase another one.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

There's always this! LOL who can forget the diesel chevy luv?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...604c6b5024.jpg
    There's always this! LOL who can forget the diesel chevy luv?

Get out.

LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

AHHH LOL!

Now that is funny!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Thanks Snow Dodge thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, Snow Dodge, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Well everyone, I wanna give a big thanks to everyone who put their advice in here. The wife thru me a curve ball on the vehicle purchase and we ended up moving away from the truck idea....But I think she made a good decision 😀😀😀😀😀

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Well everyone, I wanna give a big thanks to everyone who put their advice in here. The wife thru me a curve ball on the vehicle purchase and we ended up moving away from the truck idea....But I think she made a good decision 

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e9c691d12a.jpg

Congrats to you and your wife sweet ride

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Love that color!

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

@HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN Thank you!! This thing is a monster. She won't be getting the red key anytime soon LOL. We honestly disregarded cars until my buddy said the charger was super comfy and easy to get I and out of. The wife fell in love and the dealer made us an unrefuseable offer.

And @IGOTACUMMINS I love this color too! It was either this or the Graphite pearl, and this one won.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast