Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to upgrade my clutch but which one?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Looking to upgrade my clutch but which one?

Stock clutch will never last at 60hp and towing. Most the time it won't hold just the extra power.

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, fourteen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member youcancallme_austin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Ok guys, I'm not the up on all the tuners now, and since I'm only experience on mine. But if he keeps it at say .. an additional 60 HP with his stock clutch, shouldn't this work for his towing needs and performance ? I've read a lot that when you crank the HP up and smoke the tire a lot you'll fry the clutch on a manual or throw parts all over the place in an auto. But if you keep the additional power on the lower side and drive reasonable, you usually don't have a problem and while towing a large load doing it.

Ok, I'm old and have thrown money out like water off a ducks back for decades. But with a new '16 truck and only 5k ? New trans guts now ? It seems like a mega waste of cash right now instead of other items/toys to me.
    Stock clutch will never hold the extra power, especially not more power and towing. Get yourself a Valair DD and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, fourteen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'm towing on 60hp right now but I don't expect it to last 2 more years just need a couple months LOL

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Give us a call if you need a Valair DD

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

7. Thanks Chris_24V thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
    I'm towing on 60hp right now but I don't expect it to last 2 more years just need a couple months LOL
    You're playing with fire.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

it's only gotta make one more 600mi round trip tow this year and then it'll have the valair

10. Likes fourteen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Well I hope she holds for ya buddy just trying to give you my experience with it. I personally would be worried every time I left my driveway. I've seen them hold for a few hundred miles, and I've seen people get their truck tuned and never make it past the parking lot LOL

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Hey group I have a 16 2500 with a manual transmission. It only has 5,000 miles on it, I'm currently running an injen intake and edge with juice. I'm mainly using the edge for speedo recalibration and as a monitor so I normally keep it on 0 power level. I wanted to see how noticeable the power levels were. I set it on level 4 and drove it around, I experienced clutch slip getting on a freeway on ramp and while passing going up hill. This happened on levels 3 and 4 unknoticeable 1-2.

Is the clutch really that weak?? I tow a 25 boat without issue on 0. I do plan on doing a lot more towing in the near future and would like to use the benefits of the tuner but not at the expense of the clutch so I'm looking at upgrading the clutch. I'm looking for a clutch that can hold the weight and the added HP. Any suggestions?
    Oh, and just trying to help ya the best I can partner.. The edge is one of the best for monitoring IMO, I run the insight along with my issro's and wouldn't go any other route! But..... If I were you, I'd ditch the edge tuning. Get yourself EFI live, and you won't ever be disappointed. I'm also reading a bunch of good things on the warp tuning MW3 from Ray, contact him on here to maybe for another option. Just food for thought.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Gotta save up the Benjamin's. Keeping my truck on the stock tune for now. Diesel dawgs I'll give you a call when I'm ready.

2016 Tradesman 6.7 manual. Pile of parts waiting to be installed.

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Gotta save up the Benjamin's. Keeping my truck on the stock tune for now. Diesel dawgs I'll give you a call when I'm ready.

Sounds good bro @Homebrew

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12