Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  30
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Race me ultra problem

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Thanks I thought rattling hp had said between 80-90 in one of his posts. You are exactly right it was in reverse where I hit the 250 and I only see 180 around shift points. Most of the time it's 120.

I appreciate everything guys. It's really pretty cool how helpful everyone is this is my first forum so I didn't know what to expect. And because of that I upgraded my membership. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only observed mine for a short time after the line pressure increase update came out. At that time cruise set at 60 in the flat land, line pressure ran around 90. Any kind of a grade would increase it I suppose. And I have not looked what it runs now since full trans tuning update came out, so it may be different. Sorry if I misinformed you, or got you nervous, but as Ray said, all sounds good bud.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Thanks I thought rattling hp had said between 80-90 in one of his posts. You are exactly right it was in reverse where I hit the 250 and I only see 180 around shift points. Most of the time it's 120.

I appreciate everything guys. It's really pretty cool how helpful everyone is this is my first forum so I didn't know what to expect. And because of that I upgraded my membership. Thanks

Glad you came aboard! We try to help anyone out when we can here.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #33
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Call me crazy, but I can't tell any difference in shift points on my 12. It scoots to 6th and lugs like always and you have to really jockey for a downshift?

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkhead View Post
    Call me crazy, but I can't tell any difference in shift points on my 12. It scoots to 6th and lugs like always and you have to really jockey for a downshift?
    Must be way better on a 15 then, cuz it's night and day difference on my truck.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Agreed with rattlin'hp my truck there is a huge difference not only in the way and feel of the shift but in 4 the holds on a lot better. But still in town driving I hit the tow haul mode to help out with early shifting.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Hey guys.. Also having a little trouble with the trans tune on my 2010.. Need some help. May try turning the trans tune off and see if it gets better, but until then: My problem is my truck runs strong and just fine until it hits 6th gear (a little too early and fast). Once in 6th , it still drive fine until i hit the pedal hsrd to pick up speed (hill, passing cars, avoiding accident) it doesn't want to downshift to 5th without some real pedal work. Not a huge problem on the 30hp setting, but on the 120hp setting its a different story. The truck lugs and hops like its hitting rumble strips. Almost sounds/feels like a misfire. When i manual shift down to 5th it goes away and pulls nice and hard. I use the 120 hp because ingot bad mpgs on the 30 and 60 and the 120 has been great so far...
    Ive basically just been driving with the tow/haul button on most of the time, which eliminates this problem, but I'd like to know if theres anything i could do different or any updates to the trans tuning.. My trans pressure sits around 90-100 idling, 120 mostly droving but taps 160's-180non hard runs. (Without tow/haul on fyi)

Again, not a huge deal and doesn't happen all the time, just in those circumstances...
    Just my situation.. Thanks all..

9. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeDiesel View Post
    Hey guys.. Also having a little trouble with the trans tune on my 2010.. Need some help. May try turning the trans tune off and see if it gets better, but until then: My problem is my truck runs strong and just fine until it hits 6th gear (a little too early and fast). Once in 6th , it still drive fine until i hit the pedal hsrd to pick up speed (hill, passing cars, avoiding accident) it doesn't want to downshift to 5th without some real pedal work. Not a huge problem on the 30hp setting, but on the 120hp setting its a different story. The truck lugs and hops like its hitting rumble strips. Almost sounds/feels like a misfire. When i manual shift down to 5th it goes away and pulls nice and hard. I use the 120 hp because ingot bad mpgs on the 30 and 60 and the 120 has been great so far...
    Ive basically just been driving with the tow/haul button on most of the time, which eliminates this problem, but I'd like to know if theres anything i could do different or any updates to the trans tuning.. My trans pressure sits around 90-100 idling, 120 mostly droving but taps 160's-180non hard runs. (Without tow/haul on fyi)

Again, not a huge deal and doesn't happen all the time, just in those circumstances...
    Just my situation.. Thanks all..
    Sounds like you are experiencing transmission shutter. This is common running a torque loaded tune on a stock 68RFE. As you found running tow/haul puts you into a different shifting stragedy which helps with preventing the 6th gear lugging. The only long term solution is a custom tune, which hopefully I'll be able to do with the Ultra in the coming weeks. I've addressed this issue with my MCC tuning already with altered downshift curves and the results have been excellent.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks oneshotkyle, IGOTACUMMINS, DodgeDiesel thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Ok Glad its not something unknown or unheard of. Thanks Ray. That feeling is definitely horrible and feels like I'm gonna break motor mounts or universals with all that hop. I just don't want to lose mpg's on the lower tunes. Fingers crossed for the custom tunes and trans curves soon
    On a side note, loving this 120 tune. Lots of pulling power and great EVIC mpg's so far. Will hand calc soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Sounds like you are experiencing transmission shutter. This is common running a torque loaded tune on a stock 68RFE. As you found running tow/haul puts you into a different shifting stragedy which helps with preventing the 6th gear lugging. The only long term solution is a custom tune, which hopefully I'll be able to do with the Ultra in the coming weeks. I've addressed this issue with my MCC tuning already with altered downshift curves and the results have been excellent.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

12. Top Of Page | #39
    So I'm having raceme installed. My buddy that's installing it is having some difficulties. This is the first time he's felt with the tuner and for whatever reason me not being exactly sure. It's not uploading to the tuner/truck. Lastnight it was saying "write ecm request failed error 15210". After reading other issues with it I was thinking he just wasn't downloading the correct file to the disk. Anybody got any suggestions that we can try to figure it out?

13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stoweboy250 View Post
    So I'm having raceme installed. My buddy that's installing it is having some difficulties. This is the first time he's felt with the tuner and for whatever reason me not being exactly sure. It's not uploading to the tuner/truck. Lastnight it was saying "write ecm request failed error 15210". After reading other issues with it I was thinking he just wasn't downloading the correct file to the disk. Anybody got any suggestions that we can try to figure it out?

Unlock cable is not plugged in. Either under hood, or under dash.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast