Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
From what I understand, it is there to prevent water, snow, ice and such from being sucked into the intake. In the older version like I have, the snout that goes under the front bumper is straight to the main box and they sell a cheap plastic cover that goes over the opening under the bumper. It actually doesn't work worth anything. The couple times I thought I should block the lower inlet, I wrapped a towel around some foam and shoved it into the lower tube for a few days, then when I could took it out. But by not driving it hard and sucking mage amounts of air, the towel was dry, I really didn't needed it. he most amount of air is coming from the hole that is pulling from the fender area. Still outside the firewall yet not where the water and such it. I'd say pull it, but its your truck and you have to be the actual one to decide.

If the door doesn't seem to be opening enough, is the actuator in need of a cleaning or lube to verify free movement ?
What actually determines what will actuate it to open / close ?
It very well could be that it needs a cleaning, I will check it out tomorrow morning!