Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Egt

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Egt

Got a 2018 2500 with Mm3. Got a straight DPF/scr removal pipe too. What egt would you guys recommend? I'm sure I need a bung welded into exhaust somewhere then wire it into the Mm3 how? Is there an egt th t will plug into an oem harness I can pull up that oem reading via the Mm3?

Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Egt

Quote Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
    Got a 2018 2500 with Mm3. Got a straight DPF/scr removal pipe too. What egt would you guys recommend? I'm sure I need a bung welded into exhaust somewhere then wire it into the Mm3 how? Is there an egt th t will plug into an oem harness I can pull up that oem reading via the Mm3?

Thanks
    Most people remove the EGR cooler and the block off plate is tapped for the EGT probe

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Removing the egr pretty straight forward? Just a bolt on or have to pull the engine or anything crazy t o install it?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Depending how mechanically inclined you are. Should be able to remove and finish it in a couple hours

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

All of the above. The alternative is to drill and tap the exhaust manifold ahead of the turbo. It's a nightmare on these new trucks. The sensor should be mounted in the down pipe so to read all the exhaust gas.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    All of the above. The alternative is to drill and tap the exhaust manifold ahead of the turbo. It's a nightmare on these new trucks. The sensor should be mounted in the down pipe so to read all the exhaust gas.
    Always helping out and providing answers good job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
    Removing the egr pretty straight forward? Just a bolt on or have to pull the engine or anything crazy t o install it?
    It’s pretty straight forward to do. I did mine but n about 3-4 hours (first time doing one) I took the air box out to free up some extra room if you do that there’s a sensor on the bottom of the air box you need to unplug that controls the ram air flapper. Good luck and take your time. Everything should come apart easy and shouldn’t be any need to use extreme force. To get the back bolts off the egr I used a short extension smallest one I could find for a 3/8 and a deep well socket I believe it was a 15mm, and a 12” breaker bar

This is what worked for me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jbutts1 View Post
    It’s pretty straight forward to do. I did mine but n about 3-4 hours (first time doing one) I took the air box out to free up some extra room if you do that there’s a sensor on the bottom of the air box you need to unplug that controls the ram air flapper. Good luck and take your time. Everything should come apart easy and shouldn’t be any need to use extreme force. To get the back bolts off the egr I used a short extension smallest one I could find for a 3/8 and a deep well socket I believe it was a 15mm, and a 12” breaker bar https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d60ae395c0.jpg

This is what worked for me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good job congrats well done