Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear axle seal

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Rear axle seal

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    A seal leaking usually indicates somethig else is going on. Loose or worn wheel bearing. If you take it to the dealer, I hope that twit is capable of seeing the problem. No sense fixing the problem with out fixing the cause
    I agree Polaraco. Got it back, seal replaced under 5/100k powertrain warranty. Cost to me, 0.00. In order to replace the seal the axle, hub, and bearings need to be removed. No issues with the bearings. I torqued all bolts (which were good) checked axle for endplay with wheel on and off, felt good. Everything clean and dry. Rear end oil level good. It’s a shame we need to check FCA mechanics work but it is what it is. I’ll be watching for “wet spots” in the future! Thanks for your time and input!

2. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I agree Polaraco. Got it back, seal replaced under 5/100k powertrain warranty. Cost to me, 0.00. In order to replace the seal the axle, hub, and bearings need to be removed. No issues with the bearings. I torqued all bolts (which were good) checked axle for endplay with wheel on and off, felt good. Everything clean and dry. Rear end oil level good. It’s a shame we need to check FCA mechanics work but it is what it is. I’ll be watching for “wet spots” in the future! Thanks for your time and input!
    As long as it's fixed and stays fixed. Good Job

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Congrats glad you got it fixed

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just returned home from a 3 week rv caravan to the Utah 5 National Parks. 2700 miles towing our 10k 30’ travel trailer. Rear axle seal replaced under warranty by dealer did what it’s supposed to. Everything dry. Home now recovering and getting ready for the next one.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes ICT LPX, Polaraco, TOWPIG liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12