Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: MM3 question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 question

Just got my MM3 and installed it. Watched a lot of vids and something I may be over thinking, but I can't find any answers to.

When it says "flash just once" or "flash every time you start the truck". The flash only once. Does that mean you flash it once and it stays on that flash for good until you change it, or does it mean you flash it once and on the next start up you need to pick another flash? When you flash it "only once" does it stay on that tune or flash it once and forget it? I want the 120hp tune so not sure if I should "flash once" or if I should set that to flash on every start up? I would think flash once would flash it and keep it in there? I can't imagine software that would require a flash every start up and not stay in the ecm? Just curious. Thanks everyone!

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 question

Ray prefers you hit “send only once” rather than at “every key on” .
    There is a thread or two on the topic, i can try to find where it is, I know I had issues with it but it was a easy fix... whewwww LOL...
    Is the 120hp going to be your default tune ?

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

My default on my MM3 is set @ 60hp tune (which is what I chose) so yes every time I start it it starts on 60hp.
    Now if I choose to change the tune then I can change it to my other tunes such as 90hp normal or 90hp12v tune or 120hp at any time AFTER start up, makes sense ? Sometimes my fingers get carried away LOL, sorry

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

5. Likes Power247, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    My default on my MM3 is set @ 60hp tune (which is what I chose) so yes every time I start it it starts on 60hp.
    Now if I choose to change the tune then I can change it to my other tunes such as 90hp normal or 90hp12v tune or 120hp at any time AFTER start up, makes sense ? Sometimes my fingers get carried away LOL, sorry

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    Let your fingers do the talking

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Let your fingers do the talking

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel
    I know right, that’s how I roll

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
    Just got my MM3 and installed it. Watched a lot of vids and something I may be over thinking, but I can't find any answers to.

When it says "flash just once" or "flash every time you start the truck". The flash only once. Does that mean you flash it once and it stays on that flash for good until you change it, or does it mean you flash it once and on the next start up you need to pick another flash? When you flash it "only once" does it stay on that tune or flash it once and forget it? I want the 120hp tune so not sure if I should "flash once" or if I should set that to flash on every start up? I would think flash once would flash it and keep it in there? I can't imagine software that would require a flash every start up and not stay in the ecm? Just curious. Thanks everyone!
    Welcome to being deleted and Rays tunes awesome

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post