Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Ring and pinion Carrier assembly

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ring and pinion Carrier assembly

Can I use the ring and pinion and Carrier assembly out of a 2017 into a 2012 and if I cannot what is the difference everything looks to be the same Also this is in the 9.25 front. I NEED HELP WITH THIS Somebody's gotta know

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ring and pinion Carrier assembly

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    Can I use the ring and pinion and Carrier assembly out of a 2017 into a 2012 and if I cannot what is the difference everything looks to be the same
    I would say if it’s the same rear and gears are the same probably yes but I would wait for some more info from somebody who has done that before good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I would say if it’s the same rear and gears are the same probably yes but I would wait for some more info from somebody who has done that before good luck
    I found a complete 2012 power wagon front axle does anybody know if it will fit into my 12 cummins

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I found a complete 2012 power wagon front axle does anybody know if it will fit into my 12 cummins

I would say probably most definitely yes if it is a 2500 like yours

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Can I use the ring and pinion and Carrier assembly out of a 2017 into a 2012 and if I cannot what is the difference everything looks to be the same Also this is in the 9.25 front. I NEED HELP WITH THIS Somebody's gotta know
    As long as it's an AAM or equal it should bolt right in, However, you need to switch the pinion gear to match the one you are putting in. Your rear should have an 11.5" 14 bolt 30 point spline carrier. It's the same rear from 03 up.

Why are you doing this? You really need to know what you're doing

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

As long as the ratios are the same, yes

Are you the guy that almost went over a cliff?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post