Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  100
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

thats where ill be getting my tune from ... @ Power247 .. could you help me out with the parts that are must have with what i'm calling "stage 1" ... I know i'm getting a 2010-2012 .. i'm getting a little too gitty looking at all these beautiful mods ill be putting in

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    thats where ill be getting my tune from ... @ Power247 .. could you help me out with the parts that are must have with what i'm calling "stage 1" ... I know i'm getting a 2010-2012 .. i'm getting a little too gitty looking at all these beautiful mods ill be putting in
    I performed what would be considered a simple delete. I have a tuner (of course) and installed a race pipe which replaces the NOx and DPF in the factory exhaust. The rest of the truck is completely stock.
    The tuning disables the EGR so removing it is optional. The truck runs very clean and gets much better fuel economy than it ever could have from the factory.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

i plan on running a 5" Flo Pro straight pipe with a 6" tip .. EGR delete plate and throttle delete .. with a Volair intake (cotton) .. with the MM3 tune .. i guess the cheapest one? I couldnt tell a difference between all of the different MM3 tuners

6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Hello all, brand new to "Diesels" .. at least this version .. I have a CDL A been driving for years .. but never personally owned my own pick up ... I think it's about time .. i'm a die hard Dodge/Cummins fan ... so i'm most certain this is the direction i'm gonna go .. but with there being so many generations .. what generation is the best to go for .. i'd like a newer year models, it'll be a family truck so must have quad cab and can tell you for a fact I will be getting rid of that DEF or whatever it is .. prolly a chip intake and exhaust ... that'll prolly be about it .. mostly just a nice truck .. I may get into more mods if you guys talk me into something that is worth having .. can anyone help or at least point me towards the post that's already been started that will help me??
    Personally, in my opinion, 3rd gens are easier. Of that generation, I feel the 2004.5 and 2005 is the best of them. They seem to be the least problematic and there's plenty of upgrades available. 03 was another good year, but quirky when dealing with programmers. If you want the 4th Gen, go with a 2010 to 2012. They are easier to delete than the later ones, and put you where you want in bodies. 07 to 09, the 09 was the best, but stay away from 07 and 08 unless it's been deleted and not abused. The main issues with those were the transmissions and the quirky, unreliable emission systems. They were the first years. The 09, the seemed to fix allot of problems in those arenas. I had an 08 and eventually got rid of it for an 03. Except for the 03 having some collision issues, I like it. I had a new 04 back in the day and wish I never sold it. That sucker is still running around here. Last I saw it, the trans finally quit after 300K. But the six speed is nicer.

It's a tough call, but that's just food for thought. In our How too section, I wrote an article about buying 2nd Gens, but it actually applies to any truck

Welcome aboard

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

thanks @Polaraco i gotta say .. i'm pretty sold on 2010-2012 now .. hopefully south of 200k

9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Personally, in my opinion, 3rd gens are easier. Of that generation, I feel the 2004.5 and 2005 is the best of them. They seem to be the least problematic and there's plenty of upgrades available. 03 was another good year, but quirky when dealing with programmers. If you want the 4th Gen, go with a 2010 to 2012. They are easier to delete than the later ones, and put you where you want in bodies. 07 to 09, the 09 was the best, but stay away from 07 and 08 unless it's been deleted and not abused. The main issues with those were the transmissions and the quirky, unreliable emission systems. They were the first years. The 09, the seemed to fix allot of problems in those arenas. I had an 08 and eventually got rid of it for an 03. Except for the 03 having some collision issues, I like it. I had a new 04 back in the day and wish I never sold it. That sucker is still running around here. Last I saw it, the trans finally quit after 300K. But the six speed is nicer.

It's a tough call, but that's just food for thought. In our How too section, I wrote an article about buying 2nd Gens, but it actually applies to any truck

Welcome aboard
    HA !
    My husband was so excited too about the 6.7’s when they 1st came out. He bought an 08 brand new and within 3 days he got the “plugged up message” he took it to the dealership in town and they told him that he would have to drive it like he stole it or drive it for 30-40 minutes daily on a straight stretch to keep it from plugging up, mind you, the fuel prices back in 2008 was ridiculously high almost $4.75, he was livid, the salesman told him everything new about the 6.7’s but forgot to mention about driving it on long runs to keep from plugging. Soooo, he called the dealership and spoke to the manager and told him he was NOT a happy customer and that we will be down the following Saturday and he wanted a good trade-in, we drove away in a used 2005 Cummins, end of story...

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

well i wont be getting an 08 .. hopefully all the bugs are worked out

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

well i wont be getting an 08 .. hopefully all the bugs are worked out
    Yes, it’s called deleting

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

14. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

thanks @Polaraco i gotta say .. i'm pretty sold on 2010-2012 now .. hopefully south of 200k
    There's plenty of low mileage around. Take your time, but look swiftly if you know what I mean. There's 10 people looking for the same truck. 4th gens were priced to the point where many of the younger crowd couldn't afford them. So older people started top buy them. Older I mean 35+. Means they're less abused in most cases. But the younger people are looking for them.

Have you thought about looking at the 18's? I hear there are some pretty good incentives on them right now. I work for a dealer as a transporter, so I hear things. He's also a Blue Bird dealer. It's nice transporting school busses that haven't had 42 smelly little kids in them yet. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

i'm the kinda person that will never own a new vehicle .. my wife is the same .. it's not worth it idc how many incentives there are .. on top of that I DONT want to break her in ... I am most def. keeping my eye open .. but I don't have as much as I want to put down yet anyways .. ironically enough @Polaraco i am also a CDL driver haha .. guess we all need to take a cummins home

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast