Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Electrical Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Electrical Issues

I have a 2010 6.7l cummins. It is fully deleted truck with a 5" turbo back exhaust tuned with a mm3 programer tuned by DoubleR Diesel. It also has a sinister diesel throttle valve delete. Before I got it tuned with the mm3 my truck through a code for the MAP sensor circuit was low. and an air leak between the MAF and the throttle body. I replaced the map sensor and checked wire harness for shorts and there was none. I also put new gaskets around the intake horn and engine. But the codes are still coming up and causing issues with the performance of the truck. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the shop who deleted it or the tuning that was put in before the mm3. I know the 2010-2012 years of cummins are known to have some electrical issues. Is there anyone else out there who has had these issues? Or does anyone have any ideas how how to fix it?? Thank you.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Electrical Issues

When did the codes start? Immediately after the deletes?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No I bought the truck last February and it was already deleted. It drove great and was fine until about november and then the check engine light came on and all of the problems started.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 67bigred View Post
    No I bought the truck last February and it was already deleted. It drove great and was fine until about november and then the check engine light came on and all of the problems started.
    Check your batteries. Many times these problems start when the weather turns. The grid heaters suck down quite a bit of power and drive the voltage too low. But there is enough to start the truck. With everything off, they should be reading 12.5 volts at the battery. When the grid heaters are engaged, it shouldn't be dropping below 11.9. This occurs especially with short runs. The batteries need 20 minutes or more of good running time to be recharged, when they are at peak. If they are low, put a charger on them for a while, then reprogram the truck to stock with the charger on. Then let it recharge. Drive it a bit, continue to charge and then retune with the charger.

I have a float charger on my truck with the block heater. All my problems went away with good batteries and a good charge. I had more problems with the gell cells. Strangely, I didn't have those problems with the 08. But that had a Black Max

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I agree with @Polaraco. I had a lot of issues, rough cold starts and codes popping up on my bullydog. All of this because of my batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Likes AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Check your batteries. Many times these problems start when the weather turns. The grid heaters suck down quite a bit of power and drive the voltage too low. But there is enough to start the truck. With everything off, they should be reading 12.5 volts at the battery. When the grid heaters are engaged, it shouldn't be dropping below 11.9. This occurs especially with short runs. The batteries need 20 minutes or more of good running time to be recharged, when they are at peak. If they are low, put a charger on them for a while, then reprogram the truck to stock with the charger on. Then let it recharge. Drive it a bit, continue to charge and then retune with the charger.

I have a float charger on my truck with the block heater. All my problems went away with good batteries and a good charge. I had more problems with the gell cells. Strangely, I didn't have those problems with the 08. But that had a Black Max
    Agree with Steve must have good charge on batteries and keep them charged up good and good running condition

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs