Thanks Thanks:  126
Likes Likes:  304
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Double R Diesel is giving away an HS Motorsports 2nd Gen Manifold Kit with Turbo!

1. Top Of Page | #121

User Info Menu

Re: Double R Diesel is giving away an HS Motorsports 2nd Gen Manifold Kit with Turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    WOW!!! Praise God! Wow, wow, wow! THANK YOU so much Ray! A special thank you also to Bruce for making an incredibly generous decision to pass up an opportunity to win a second Ray give-away. I couldn't believe my ears when you called my name!! I think this is the first drawing I've ever won, and what an awesome one to win! I am so surprised, humbled and thankful.

Brian
    Congrats man!!!! Can't wait to hear what you think once you get it installed!

class act @RogueDiesel!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #122

User Info Menu

Re: Double R Diesel is giving away an HS Motorsports 2nd Gen Manifold Kit with Turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiesel View Post
    i will be stuck overseas for at least till the end of 2019. Last giveaway is still laying in the garage. I would rather have someone enjoy it now instead of it sitting in the garage in boxes.
    Wow bud that’s a hell of a long time stay safe and God Bless

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #123

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Wow bud that’s a hell of a long time stay safe and God Bless
    thanks bud

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #124

User Info Menu

2nd Gen Turbo kit is installed and running strong! Really strong. Just a few tuning tweaks and routing OCV vent hose remain. I'll post more info, pics and video soon. Once again, a huge THANK YOU to Ray for his generosity. Thanks also to Bruce (@RougeDiesel). I wouldn't have had this opportunity without you guys!

Installed kit 1.jpg

8. Top Of Page | #125

User Info Menu

2nd Gen Turbo kit is installed and running strong! Really strong. Just a few tuning tweaks and routing OCV vent hose remain. I'll post more info, pics and video soon. Once again, a huge THANK YOU to Ray for his generosity. Thanks also to Bruce (@RougeDiesel). I wouldn't have had this opportunity without you guys!

Installed kit 1.jpg
    Looks good bud congrats well done install

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks Muskiebri, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #126

User Info Menu

Installed kit 1.jpg
    I would love to hear your honest opinion on this setup!!

11. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #127

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HEMISPHERE2 View Post
    I would love to hear your honest opinion on this setup!!
    Here's my perspective based on about a week of experience.

Installation:

The instructions from H&S are very good and the components in the kit are high quality. However, it's very tight in a 4th Gen engine compartment. It took me and another experienced mechanic about 12 hours to complete the installation. This may not seem like that much time to some, but we were really pushing it, and the mechanic has done a number 2nd Gen kit installs on Cummins. In the end, I'm happy with the installation. I think it's pretty clean and robust. I removed the breather filter that came with the kit and ran a hose back behind the valve cover and down the cold side of the engine (pic below). It vents to the atmosphere just in front of the transmission pan. I insulated the last 18" of the hose to help prevent against freeze-up. If you vent the blow-by gas under the hood near the firewall, you can smell it at times, and there are other potential problems I won't go into here.

Sound quality:

Like Ray of @Double R Diesel said in his videos, the sound quality of the system is quite different than a deleted 4th Gen with a stock turbo. It's a deeper, throaty, gutsy sound. I have the 4" exhaust with an FTE Diesel 30" resonator attached directly to the downpipe. Guys that like it LOUD but with nice tone will probably really like this kit. It's louder than with the stock VGT. I like the way the turbo spools and how it sounds. When you ease into the throttle and hear the turbo and feel the acceleration in the seat of your pants, you know you've made a big change under the hood.

Performance:

I chose the 66mm compressor wheel for my kit. Ray provided an ECM base file for me, which I installed before removing the old hardware. Ray asked me to log some data files with light, moderate, and WOT accelerations, which he'd use to build RTG files. After the install, it fired right up and ran with zero issues. So I went out and generated the log files for Ray right away. On the WOT run, it broke traction in multiple gears. It was really quick to 120 mph. Noticeably stronger than with the stock turbo. I had some concerns before the install about how quickly this turbo would spool with my 68RFE automatic transmission. But I should have trusted Ray's judgment because it's just better in every way. No issue with spooling up at lower RPMs. The truck runs smoothly and is very responsive (compared to stock turbo system). By the way, Ray nailed the programming on the first try. No base ECM tuning file tweaks were required! That blows me away.

Conclusion:

I won this kit in Ray's giveaway, I didn't purchase it. I paid the mechanic to help me with the install. So it's relatively easy for me to say, heck yeah, this is a great kit. Would I spend almost 3 grand on it? Knowing how it performs, and if I had the money available, I would buy it. The dyno test results document the improvement (508 RWHP/1089 lb-ft torque for the 66mm wheel, 550 RWHP for the 69mm wheel - this is about a 100HP/100 lbs-ft increase over stock turbo).Videos of dyno pulls are on DRD's and H&S' websites. Every time I push the start button, I'm sitting on at least 500 RWHP and you know it when you put your foot into it. If you choose to go with this setup, I would strongly recommend ARP625 head studs, RevMax valve body, low stall torque converter, and billet input shaft (or clutch upgrade) BEFORE bolting on this kit (I have all that already).

Hope this helps.

13. Top Of Page | #128

User Info Menu

Installation:

The instructions from H&S are very good and the components in the kit are high quality. However, it's very tight in a 4th Gen engine compartment. It took me and another experienced mechanic about 12 hours to complete the installation. This may not seem like that much time to some, but we were really pushing it, and the mechanic has done a number 2nd Gen kit installs on Cummins. In the end, I'm happy with the installation. I think it's pretty clean and robust. I removed the breather filter that came with the kit and ran a hose back behind the valve cover and down the cold side of the engine (pic below). It vents to the atmosphere just in front of the transmission pan. I insulated the last 18" of the hose to help prevent against freeze-up. If you vent the blow-by gas under the hood near the firewall, you can smell it at times, and there are other potential problems I won't go into here.

Sound quality:

Like Ray of @Double R Diesel said in his videos, the sound quality of the system is quite different than a deleted 4th Gen with a stock turbo. It's a deeper, throaty, gutsy sound. I have the 4" exhaust with an FTE Diesel 30" resonator attached directly to the downpipe. Guys that like it LOUD but with nice tone will probably really like this kit. It's louder than with the stock VGT. I like the way the turbo spools and how it sounds. When you ease into the throttle and hear the turbo and feel the acceleration in the seat of your pants, you know you've made a big change under the hood.

Performance:

I chose the 66mm compressor wheel for my kit. Ray provided an ECM base file for me, which I installed before removing the old hardware. Ray asked me to log some data files with light, moderate, and WOT accelerations, which he'd use to build RTG files. After the install, it fired right up and ran with zero issues. So I went out and generated the log files for Ray right away. On the WOT run, it broke traction in multiple gears. It was really quick to 120 mph. Noticeably stronger than with the stock turbo. I had some concerns before the install about how quickly this turbo would spool with my 68RFE automatic transmission. But I should have trusted Ray's judgment because it's just better in every way. No issue with spooling up at lower RPMs. The truck runs smoothly and is very responsive (compared to stock turbo system). By the way, Ray nailed the programming on the first try. No base ECM tuning file tweaks were required! That blows me away.

Conclusion:

I won this kit in Ray's giveaway, I didn't purchase it. I paid the mechanic to help me with the install. So it's relatively easy for me to say, heck yeah, this is a great kit. Would I spend almost 3 grand on it? Knowing how it performs, and if I had the money available, I would buy it. The dyno test results document the improvement (508 RWHP/1089 lb-ft torque for the 66mm wheel, 550 RWHP for the 69mm wheel - this is about a 100HP/100 lbs-ft increase over stock turbo).Videos of dyno pulls are on DRD's and H&S' websites. Every time I push the start button, I'm sitting on at least 500 RWHP and you know it when you put your foot into it. If you choose to go with this setup, I would strongly recommend ARP625 head studs, RevMax valve body, low stall torque converter, and billet input shaft (or clutch upgrade) BEFORE bolting on this kit (I have all that already).

Hope this helps.

Great view! Thanks for sharing with us.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #129

User Info Menu

Installation:

Sound quality:

Performance:

Conclusion:

Hope this helps.

Great write up and great info thanks for sharing sounds like an awesome setup

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #130

User Info Menu

This could be my first Upgrade!!!!!!!!
    Thanks DRD for this awesome opportunity

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri liked this post
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast