Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Makes me glad that I have a G56 transmission LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Fellow G56 owner here as well, hows your clutch holding up with the tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Immacummins2693 View Post

It’s holding up well for a stock clutch. I definitely wont go over 90hp until I upgrade it. I usually just run it at 60hp.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Immacummins2693 View Post

Poor old stock clutch wouldn't hold the 90 HP setting on mine. I put in a Valair spring hub dual disc, problem solved.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, WhiteLightnin' liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It’s just such an expensive upgrade LOL I’d love to tune mine but in Canada if I didn’t do the work myself I’m looking at about 4 grand to do clutch, tuner and race pipe.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I have this debate pop up all the time. What is being describe here is "shift flare" that occurs when the torque converter unlocks between shifts. Typically with most of our tunes, we start torque converter lockup in the middle of 3rd gear and continue lockup through 6th gear. The Chrysler shift strategy calls for the torque converter clutch to unlock between gear changes in an effort to protect the clutch hub, input shaft, and ultimately the entire drive train from the shock that would occur if the torque converter clutch were to stay locked between shifts.

Now here is the issue. When you add power and torque as well as disable torque management within the tune, the push the past the efficency of the stock torque converters fluid coupling ability or other words, the stall speed. So when the converter clutch unlocks between the shift, you go from a point of no slip to a point of fluid coupling which enables slip. And with those added factors that tuning applies, the rpm flare between shifts will increase over stock. There is nothing bad going on when this happens, everything is working as it should, but some folks find it alarming.

There have been other shops out there that make tunes that keep the torque converter clutch locked between shifts, but we have several customers come to us with such tunes stating the shifts are way too rough. There also have been some reported cases of broken input shafts with locked shift tuning. For pure performance applications, locked shift tuning is great and will yield the lowest quarter mile times...but not everyone races their trucks and unlocked shifts are the best for a street driven truck.

Having said all that, you can do something that will reduce the shift flare and make the truck feel more positive. You can change the torque converter to one with a lower stall speed that stock. Doing so will reduce fluid coupling slip and make for a much improved shift feel, more power to the ground, and lower fluid temps as well. For that we recommend the Revmax Ultra Low Stall Torque Converter. We have many customers who have installed this converter and all the reports are extremely positive.
    Howdy Ray - I hope your making through the storm ok.

I’m glad you made this post, what you and the OP describe is exactly what I experience with your ERGless-trans tunning. I’ve come to get use to the trans behavior and I do understand that it is what is unless you make the mods you mentioned above. But one thing I want to ask about to see if you could shed some light on, most every 2-3 either my trans will heasitate / shudder OR make a quick hard shift and on rare occasions it will do same on the 3-4 shift. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

10. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleeperGoat View Post
    That's fine. I will be calling Ray and will have him set me up. If I had known he did the Emissions tune I would have gave him my business hands down. Thank you very much I appreciate your feedback back. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...67b3cb4607.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e06bb16ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Off topic, what is the specs on your wheel/tire set up and suspension? Truck looks amazing!

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234