Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sway Bar Set Up

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front Sway Bar Set Up

I've looked around and not finding exactly what I'm looking.

What are the general rules to setting up adjustable front sway bars?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front Sway Bar Set Up

If I remember right, you have to set them up on a level ground. The shorter the stroke, the more responsive they are. I have a Hellwig on the rear and that was the setup as I recall. Make sure the adjustments are equal. I don't believe you can preload them, but if you can, a slight preload would be beneficial to the performance.

The front sway bar on these is pretty stout. You may want to consider one for the rear first

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was looking at going ahead and getting the front with my Carli leveling kit. I'm trying to figure out the best set up on it for a 80/20 on road/off road with some occasional medium weight towing. I may be over thinking this.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I've looked around and not finding exactly what I'm looking.

What are the general rules to setting up adjustable front sway bars?
    Send Clatyon at DDP a private message bud he’ll be able to hook you up with a great deal

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Send Clatyon at DDP a private message bud he’ll be able to hook you up with a great deal

OK I'll give him a shout.

7. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thank ya brother! Means alot to us that you recommend us! Can't thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I was looking at going ahead and getting the front with my Carli leveling kit. I'm trying to figure out the best set up on it for a 80/20 on road/off road with some occasional medium weight towing. I may be over thinking this.
    Hah! I thought us old time engineers over thought things. I wasn't a design guy. I was an engineer to tell you what's wrong with the design. Most engineers hated me but ended up thanking me later.

I'm assuming Carli doesn't have a sway bar? If they don't then they probably feel you don't need it

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Hah! I thought us old time engineers over thought things. I wasn't a design guy. I was an engineer to tell you what's wrong with the design. Most engineers hated me but ended up thanking me later.

I'm assuming Carli doesn't have a sway bar? If they don't then they probably feel you don't need it
    Haha! That’s too funny! Engineers like you are few and far between these days! The ones I deal with at the refinery are smart but have zero common sense. One mechanical engineer told me he wasn’t very mechanical! He has a 2012 Ram, like mine and didn’t even know how to change the oil. Blows my mind!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Haha! That’s too funny! Engineers like you are few and far between these days! The ones I deal with at the refinery are smart but have zero common sense. One mechanical engineer told me he wasn’t very mechanical! He has a 2012 Ram, like mine and didn’t even know how to change the oil. Blows my mind!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning
    If it wasn't for these 10 digits and my over abundance of logic, I probably would have failed. I know they type you're talking about. They have their place. They make great metallurgists. LOL

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah they have one.

http://www.carlisuspension.com/produ...ay-bar-14.html

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast