Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGR COOLER ,SNAPED BACK MAIN BOLT!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR COOLER ,SNAPED BACK MAIN BOLT!

I just broke the far right-hand side Bolt that's directly on the back of EGR COOLER clean off will the engine have to be pulled to be replaced?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR COOLER ,SNAPED BACK MAIN BOLT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleleadbreath View Post
    I just broke the far right-hand side Bolt that's directly on the back of EGR COOLER clean off will the engine have to be pulled to be replaced?

Help

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It doesn’t look like it to me soak it down with some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench once you remove cooler you should be able to clamp vise grips on it and unscrew that bolt

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes walla2k5, kflynn318 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You could also use broken bolt extractor or the stripped head on bolts you drive on with a hammer and impact it out

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    You could also use broken bolt extractor or the stripped head on bolts you drive on with a hammer and impact it out
    So it's just the stud that comes up from the back manifold and a nut goes on the stud there's no room to get a hammer in there

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

So it's just the stud that comes up from the back manifold and a nut goes on the stud there's no room to get a hammer in there

Will I be able to remove the stud and just replace it with a bolt?

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yes you should be able to replace the stud with a new stud or bolt I can’t tell in picture if you’ve removed the cooler yet in the picture

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Doesn’t the egr cooler delete come with bolts to put cover plate on that hole ?

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yes you should be able to replace the stud with a new stud or bolt I can’t tell in picture if you’ve removed the cooler yet in the picture
    Good Job guys. Some good solid advice.

I don't know if the PB will do much for you though. If you have a hot wrench, it will come out easier. A MAP gas torch may give you enough heat. Heat it as much as you can, let it cool, heat it again, let it cool then heat it up again and try to extract it with the manifold hot. If you can get the manifold glowing, that would be a sure to get the stud out. Once it starts, don't stop

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I had not remove the cooler yet so there is some stud left there.
    Do you think it would be enough to use for the delete kit that's just the cover plate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast