Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 5.9 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2006 5.9 cummins

Pulling code P2509 ECM/PCM Power input signal intermittent
    I noticed that my batteri cables was looking bad on the connection to my batteries.i cleaned them up.
    Now when i turn the key and try to start it just tikking like i have low batteries or something. But my batteries are ok.My truck worked well before this. Could my cables be burned or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

2. Thanks rmajarian thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 2006 5.9 cummins

One of my battery cables head attaching it to the battery was cracked so I replaced then all. I installed seperate heads on each post and the cables were seperate and had holes where they attached with bolts, allowing me the replace the heard or cables seperately when needed at a later date. I then had the clicking of my starter when trying to start it. I found that one connection, in my case a ground connection had a very slight debris at the connectin point and caused this. Could it be the same ? Only cost me a little time and, I used break cleaner to clean the connection point. It doesn't take much to cause a disruption of electrical flow.

Also, check the actually connection points. My crack was very slight and was only noticeable because of a little road dirt on the fitting.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is usually caused by the batteries or the cables being loose. Being that you checked both check the ground that is located on the fender. Be sure those are tight and clean as well. Sometimes that little ground can cause something similar to this.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Definitely a great idea to check out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    One of my battery cables head attaching it to the battery was cracked so I replaced then all. I installed seperate heads on each post and the cables were seperate and had holes where they attached with bolts, allowing me the replace the heard or cables seperately when needed at a later date. I then had the clicking of my starter when trying to start it. I found that one connection, in my case a ground connection had a very slight debris at the connectin point and caused this. Could it be the same ? Only cost me a little time and, I used break cleaner to clean the connection point. It doesn't take much to cause a disruption of electrical flow.

Also, check the actually connection points. My crack was very slight and was only noticeable because of a little road dirt on the fitting.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks. It crossed my mind.I found a crack on both my battery cable heads. One of them is cracked right through. I think the best way is to buy both positive and ground cables on both batteries

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    This is usually caused by the batteries or the cables being loose. Being that you checked both check the ground that is located on the fender. Be sure those are tight and clean as well. Sometimes that little ground can cause something similar to this.
    Thank you. I did’nt chech the ground cables

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Let us know if this fixes the problem

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Let us know if this fixes the problem
    Yes

16. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Yes

In the mean time, to get her running, get some very small C Clamps and put them on the terminals. I had a beater I ran like that for years. LOL It's mickey mouse, but it works. Vice grips will work too, but bulky and a bit more dangerous

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

18. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl, AnOldBiker liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    In the mean time, to get her running, get some very small C Clamps and put them on the terminals. I had a beater I ran like that for years. LOL It's mickey mouse, but it works. Vice grips will work too, but bulky and a bit more dangerous
    Hmm good idea. I will try that. It will take some time before new cables arrives. Thanks man. You have a solution for everything @Polaraco

20. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast